The Student Room Group

Computer science at Aston University

Just here to get more info on the computer science Bs course at Aston University
Reply 1
What kind of info? Have you looked through their website?
If your set on Aston Birmingham, try applying for EECS (Electronic Eng and CS). That's like the only "slightly reputable course" there. Why Aston? There are other much better unis for CS. Try Liverpool! Liverpool also offers a CSEE course and its Russel group. What r ur A-level grades? If they are at or above ABB, there are MUCH better CS courses than Aston that you qualify for.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by #Materials
If your set on Aston Birmingham, try applying for EECS (Electronic Eng and CS). That's like the only "slightly reputable course" there. Why Aston? There are other much better unis for CS. Try Liverpool! Liverpool also offers a CSEE course and its Russel group. What r ur A-level grades? If they are at or above ABB, there are MUCH better CS courses than Aston that you qualify for.

The reason as to why I am applying at Aston is because they don't require specific courses. The course I am doing I a BTEC and has nothing in relation to computer science. I would apply to others but they require min A level maths, which I do not have.
Reply 4
Original post by lia_r18
What kind of info? Have you looked through their website?

info on the syllabuses, student life out side of classes, teaching aid and employment prospects.

I have checked website but the info is limited
Original post by gubklgkuvv
info on the syllabuses, student life out side of classes, teaching aid and employment prospects.

I have checked website but the info is limited

Ohhh, in that case just apply for Electronic Engineering and CS BEng at Aston. You'll also learn EE rather than just CS. Also, check if other, better (Russel group) universities accept the BTEC. AFAIK, UCL does.
Hi,

Currently a Final Year CS student at Aston. Send me questions happy to help
Reply 7
Hi I have a few questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending