The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing a Masters??

Hello,

I have completed my second year of a business and management degree and am on course for getting a 2:1/1st degree.

I feel I have a definate strong point in accounting and aspire to become chartered through an employment scheme after graduating- gaining a CIMA or ACCA qualification...eventually working my way up to a managerial position

However, there is the option for me to take an MSc in Accounting & Finance, which I feel I can do well in and will enjoy.

Is it worth me taking an MSc or not? If there's anyone with experience of taking the MSc route, or works with people that have- their input is greatly welcomed.

Thank you.
Reply 1
It depends on how you feel. Do you believe you are ready for employment? If the answer is yes i would recommend getting a job and studying for a professional qualification. However if you feel you are not yet ready for work then stay on another year and do the masters.

However a masters will not give you any advantage over people who have just come straight out of uni with a Ba.

Maybe consider going into employment get your chartered status and 4-5 years experience and fast tracking onto a MBA course.

Latest

Trending

Trending