The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MST Creative Writing - University of Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Klogan
Has anyone else here applied for this course? I can't seem to find much on TSR or Gradcafe.

Hi Klogan,
Did you apply again to Oxford, this year?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by nturk95
any updates ?

Hi nturk95,

I wrote a really long reply, weeks ago...then lost it. I applied for the course. The year 1 MSt students were so approachable and willing to discuss their writing trajectory. The three I met loved the course so much that they all oved to Cambridge. Listening to them, I could tell that there is a real writerly community and they are very happy with the choice they made.

Have you applied? What's your writing background?
Is anyone applying for 2021?
Original post by Tommasozerbi8888

yes! How is your application going? What kind of writing sample are you submitting?
I’m working on it. Submitting some prose I think. What about you?
Hi! Did you both apply for the January deadline this year?
I submitted mine appl for sept 2021 towards mid dec 2020
Yes, wbu ?

Original post by 2021applicant
Hi! Did you both apply for the January deadline this year?
Yes I submitted in early January. Have you heard anything back yet? I've been following the other general Oxford threads closely so I think we won't hear back until March unfortunately!
Original post by 2021applicant
Yes I submitted in early January. Have you heard anything back yet? I've been following the other general Oxford threads closely so I think we won't hear back until March unfortunately!

Yes we need to wait...
Yes we need to wait...

Yeah and it's difficult to find anything about the course from previous years in TSR and other forums so we have very little to go on in terms of timelines too!
I've seen on GradCafe that someone who applied in October for the January deadline received an invitation for an interview on the 2nd, so that's hopefully a good sign!
Reply 32

Hi! Did you end up applying? How did the interview go?
Reply 33
Can anyone who has applied to either Oxford or Cambridge for this course share their experiences? I am going to apply in January and I am rather nervous.
Original post by SergeyT
Can anyone who has applied to either Oxford or Cambridge for this course share their experiences? I am going to apply in January and I am rather nervous.

Hi Sergey! I applied for the January deadline and had my interview today. What about you?
Original post by LisaKlsv
Hi Sergey! I applied for the January deadline and had my interview today. What about you?

Hi, congrats on your interview! I've applied for the course on 20th Jan, but haven't heard anything back yet. I wasn't aware that interview requests were being sent out now, do you mind letting me know when you applied and when they first sent the interview invite? It's only been a month but this waiting is killing me! :colondollar: P.S I think I may have replied to you twice on a different thread, my apologies

Hi Lisa,
I also applied for the January deadline, but haven't received any response yet. Could you tell us a little bit about your interview experience? What were they asking you about? How did it go? I would be really grateful for some information. xx
Reply 37

Hey Lisa! I did apply for January deadline but haven't heard back yet, is this a bad sign or is there still time? How did your interview go? Can you share anything with the rest of us?
Reply 38
Original post by alexaa_claire
Hi Lisa,
I also applied for the January deadline, but haven't received any response yet. Could you tell us a little bit about your interview experience? What were they asking you about? How did it go? I would be really grateful for some information. xx

Hi Alexaa,

I haven't heard anything back either yet. Are you aware if this is normal or should we start getting worried? I can't really find any information on when I can realistically expect to get interviewed.
Hi Sergey,
I'm not really sure. Probably people who applied earlier, in November or October for example, also received the response well in advance. I think that we should wait a week or two more. Interviews are usually within the next few days after you get an invite. That was my experience with Royal Holloway at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending