University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MST Creative Writing - University of Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by alexaa_claire
Hi Sergey,
I'm not really sure. Probably people who applied earlier, in November or October for example, also received the response well in advance. I think that we should wait a week or two more. Interviews are usually within the next few days after you get an invite. That was my experience with Royal Holloway at least.

I see, thanks for the response. It's quite a bit nerve wracking honestly.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Yeah, definitely, it is. Let me know when you get any message from them.

Original post by SergeyT
I see, thanks for the response. It's quite a bit nerve wracking honestly.
Reply 42
Original post by alexaa_claire
Yeah, definitely, it is. Let me know when you get any message from them.

Have you received any news?
I've not received any feedback yet, but tomorrow is only 6 weeks since I applied and I know they tend to get back to applicants around the 8-10 week mark, though I'm still compulsively checking my emails every hour lol. My upload button on the portal disappeared on Monday so hopefully they're nearing a decision.
Reply 44
Original post by EmpireofRome
I've not received any feedback yet, but tomorrow is only 6 weeks since I applied and I know they tend to get back to applicants around the 8-10 week mark, though I'm still compulsively checking my emails every hour lol. My upload button on the portal disappeared on Monday so hopefully they're nearing a decision.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that 8-10 weeks is the deadline for the final decision, not for interview invitations.
Original post by SergeyT
I am not 100% sure, but I believe that 8-10 weeks is the deadline for the final decision, not for interview invitations.

Yup, unfortunately I've received the dreaded 2am rejection today so you should know pretty soon either way. Good luck with your applications!
:crossedf:
Reply 46
Original post by EmpireofRome
Yup, unfortunately I've received the dreaded 2am rejection today so you should know pretty soon either way. Good luck with your applications!
:crossedf:

me too :frown:
Original post by LisaKlsv
Hi Sergey! I applied for the January deadline and had my interview today. What about you?

Hi Lisa, how was your interview? I have an interview coming up too... it has been a long time since I was last in an interview situation. I'd love to know what the format is, how formal/friendly and what kind of questions or discussion points come up? Good luck to everyone applying. It's all a bit nerve wracking!
Anyone else here waiting on Cambridge? I had an interview two weeks ago and haven't heard, not usually a good sign.
Original post by vocavectis
Hi Lisa, how was your interview? I have an interview coming up too... it has been a long time since I was last in an interview situation. I'd love to know what the format is, how formal/friendly and what kind of questions or discussion points come up? Good luck to everyone applying. It's all a bit nerve wracking!

Hi! It was quite friendly and informal, we discussed my writing. Hope your interview went well.
Original post by 7sisters
Anyone else here waiting on Cambridge? I had an interview two weeks ago and haven't heard, not usually a good sign.

Hi! I had my interview on the 7th of March, and I still haven’t heard anything from them. Why do you think that this is not a good sign? I completely forgot to ask them about the waiting time.
I interviewed on the 8th. They said they were interviewing all that week and discussing all the following week and would be in touch the week after. They weren't, so now I think I didn't get an offer - but slightly more hopeful if you didn't hear either! Waiting so nerve wracking, I really wanted this one and had felt like the interview went well.
Original post by 7sisters
I interviewed on the 8th. They said they were interviewing all that week and discussing all the following week and would be in touch the week after. They weren't, so now I think I didn't get an offer - but slightly more hopeful if you didn't hear either! Waiting so nerve wracking, I really wanted this one and had felt like the interview went well.

I think that they will send out rejections and offers on the same day when decisions are made. Did you apply to Oxford?
interviewed with them on the 8th as well and haven't heard anything back yet! Can't tell if that's good or bad news :frown:
OK well that's slightly encouraging then if nobody has heard - thanks.
Just got an offer for the Cambridge Mst in creative writing :smile:
Original post by smartielover
Just got an offer for the Cambridge Mst in creative writing :smile:

Me too! Congratulations!
Me three! So relieved.

To anyone who didn't get the course they wanted, this is my second time of applying (was put on the reserve list last year) so I feel your pain, but you can always keep working at it and try again.
is anyone still waiting for the Oxford Mst? Haven't heard anything - not even for an interview..
Original post by smartielover
is anyone still waiting for the Oxford Mst? Haven't heard anything - not even for an interview..

I haven't heard from them, but my application is being re-evaluated from the January deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending