The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No idea, although at the moment (before starting! haha) I wanna become an infectious diseases consultant...competitive though. My MSc in Medical & Diagnostic Virology has kinda given me an insight into clinical infectious + tropical medicine and it looks fascinating with scope to travel to countries endemic with VHFs and parasites. Of course it's a risky career but right now I'm interested in it.

Having said that, chances are I'll end up as a GP or something. Making such a decision is very hard I'd imagine!
Reply 2
At the moment paediatrics, although given that I haven't started yet it'll almost definitely change many, many times whilst I'm studying :biggrin:
Reply 3
yeh i'm probably going to change my mind a million and one times throughout Uni....but i've always had an interest in Obstetrics and Gynaecology :biggrin: so that would be my number one choice at the moment!

although i enjoyed my work experience which involved peadiatrics and A & E...

who knows lol...
Reply 4
Alex L
At the moment paediatrics, although given that I haven't started yet it'll almost definitely change many, many times whilst I'm studying :biggrin:

sounds good :biggrin: an i just ask, what as/A lvls are you doing/have you done?
Reply 5
Balneology :hubba:
Reply 6
I did maths, chem, phys and bio to AS, then dropped bio for A2. My choices are in my sig :smile:
Reply 7
Alex L
I did maths, chem, phys and bio to AS, then dropped bio for A2. My choices are in my sig :smile:

oh sorry I cant see your sig but ok :smile:

josee32
yeh i'm probably going to change my mind a million and one times throughout Uni....but i've always had an interest in Obstetrics and Gynaecology :biggrin: so that would be my number one choice at the moment!

although i enjoyed my work experience which involved peadiatrics and A & E...

who knows lol...

same as me then [at least i think so!]
May i ask, how did you get onto a med course without chemistry to A2? I know its possible i#m just wondering because my school also told me doing health and social would be unacceptable for medicine too so i'm confused now :frown: thanks for the answer though, im starting my placement at a local hospital soon and looking forward to it :biggrin:
Reply 8
Democracy
Balneology :hubba:

how interesting you must like water a lot :confused: :biggrin:
Reply 9
Jinxy
how interesting you must like water a lot :confused: :biggrin:

Err yeah, there are other perks though :p:
Reply 10
Democracy
Err yeah, there are other perks though :p:

I guessed :wink:
Jinxy

It's on my first post of the page :smile:
Reply 12
Jinxy

same as me then [at least i think so!]
May i ask, how did you get onto a med course without chemistry to A2? I know its possible i#m just wondering because my school also told me doing health and social would be unacceptable for medicine too so i'm confused now :frown: thanks for the answer though, im starting my placement at a local hospital soon and looking forward to it :biggrin:

cool :biggrin:

i did chemistry As, however im doing medicine with a foundation year...to get me up to speed with chemistry before entering Phase 1a :biggrin:

Health and Social As helped me quite a lot with my application to medicine and during my interview...it helped me to appreciate and make the most of my work experience and convey this is the way they wanted to hear it :biggrin: i'd say it was a good qualification to take but i'd maybe do it as a 4th subject rather than one of your 'main three'.

Good luck in your Placement :biggrin:
Reply 13
josee32
cool :biggrin:

i did chemistry As, however im doing medicine with a foundation year...to get me up to speed with chemistry before entering Phase 1a :biggrin:

Health and Social As helped me quite a lot with my application to medicine and during my interview...it helped me to appreciate and make the most of my work experience and convey this is the way they wanted to hear it :biggrin: i'd say it was a good qualification to take but i'd maybe do it as a 4th subject rather than one of your 'main three'.

Good luck in your Placement :biggrin:

aww thanks a lot :biggrin: and i see oh thats why your doing foundation year, good luck with that :smile:
Hmmm, if I decide I want to do it and apply..

Definitely not paediatrics. Perhaps something like cardiology or neurology. Maybe something surgical, or Accident and emergency. Those are the most likely courses. Currently.
I have no idea :confused:
Reply 16
At the moment neurology. For a long time it was paedriatrics, but a year of neuro has swayed me somewhat...
Reply 17
Child psych :biggrin:

Or some sort of alternative therapy thingie :smile:

Edit: OR fancy drug building in a lab somewhere
At the moment endocrinology but that's only because I did loads of work exp. with an endocrinologist and loved it
Reply 19
If I get in to med school! At the moment I'd have to say radiology! I love it.

Latest

Trending

Trending