The Student Room Group

EPQ

Hello, I would like to do EPQ but my college does not provide it, can you do epq outside of school and fund it yourself?
Original post by Miashienmar
Hello, I would like to do EPQ but my college does not provide it, can you do epq outside of school and fund it yourself?

Yes, you can, however, you will need to meet certain requirements first. While not an official requirement, it is best if you are registered with a recognised sixth form or college that is approved by the EPQ exam board. This makes it easier to submit your project for marking.

You will also need to have the ability to keep in touch with your supervisor. This is perhaps the most important part of all, as they will need to check that you are meeting your deadlines. Your supervisor can also give you help if you need it.

If you do decide to take an EPQ qualification outside of school, there is a charge. Obviously, those studying at school or college will be able to sit the EPQ for free, but for those outside of school or college, the price is anywhere between £30 and £50 and some have even known to cost as high as £200 in some cases - some truly top-level EPQs can cost as high £3,250.
Reply 2
Do u recommend any EPQ boards? How do i sign up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending