The Student Room Group

Can I learn driving theory in 3 days?

Wondering if I’m being way too ambitious. Really keen to start driving after AS exams so I’ve booked my theory for 5 days after my last exam. I’ll have 3 days to actually learn it all and at the moment I have no experience whatsoever. Am I being stupidly naive?
I learnt from a theory app, used it every day for a month, about 5 mins a day. I passed first time on the theory. Every day solid for a two weeks I think is minimum. Three days, it's too much to take in, and not enough time to make some mistakes.
Personally I think it's doable. Pretty sure I spent less than a week on it, just use the DVLA app/CD and practice questions again and again. I didn't bother reading the books.
I crammed 3 days before mine and got 49/50. just spam the app and literally the same questions come up.
Reply 4
When I was doing my theory, I was revising it non stop for a month every single day until I had my test, but in short, I learnt to answer all the questions in 1 - 2 days. You should aim to get about 48/50 if you want to pass. Also during the test, they do throw new questions at you that aren't in the theory test app if you was unlucky like me.. but I still passed nevertheless. Aim for around 48/50 and you'll be fine.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Thanks! I was hoping someone would do that for me since I wasn’t sure how to myself
Reply 7
I revised for my theory only 3 hours 2 nights before and 1 hours the night before the test. I did a practice test on the half an hour journey to the test centre and passed 48/50 so it’s definitely possible
Original post by BTAnonymous
I crammed 3 days before mine and got 49/50. just spam the app and literally the same questions come up.

I had a similar experience - but of course different people may need more time, whereas others may be able to pass in less time. I took my test today with barely 2 days of revision spent on it, and passed the multiple choice section with 47/50 marks. Just use the DVSA Theory Test app if you can and constantly do mock tests - you'll definitely see a rise in your average score the more you do it (the first mock test I took on the 1st of May failed badly with getting 36/50, but today before the exam I didn't get anything lower than 47/50, it's just a matter of memorising the answers - the same questions did come up in the real thing for me). Another tip is to try not settle with getting barely a pass, as in aiming for only 43 marks. If you're just getting 43/50 consistently in your mocks then you could end up feeling a bit annoyed if you end up getting 42/50 in the real thing. Basically I wouldn't say you're being naive like you said; if you are really that keen then I'm sure you'll do fine. It really is a lot of common sense, just do mock tests and find out what you don't know then learn it and repeat. Good luck.
easily I learnt the majority of mine the day before- not intentionally, I was just so busy and had no other time to but ended up with 48/50 and 65ish on HP
I'll tell you tomorrow :lol:
Original post by Anonymous8910
I had a similar experience - but of course different people may need more time, whereas others may be able to pass in less time. I took my test today with barely 2 days of revision spent on it, and passed the multiple choice section with 47/50 marks. Just use the DVSA Theory Test app if you can and constantly do mock tests - you'll definitely see a rise in your average score the more you do it (the first mock test I took on the 1st of May failed badly with getting 36/50, but today before the exam I didn't get anything lower than 47/50, it's just a matter of memorising the answers - the same questions did come up in the real thing for me). Another tip is to try not settle with getting barely a pass, as in aiming for only 43 marks. If you're just getting 43/50 consistently in your mocks then you could end up feeling a bit annoyed if you end up getting 42/50 in the real thing. Basically I wouldn't say you're being naive like you said; if you are really that keen then I'm sure you'll do fine. It really is a lot of common sense, just do mock tests and find out what you don't know then learn it and repeat. Good luck.

I was god awful tbh before I revised and just did about 2 hours a day, just sitting there on my phone. Lol it was worse than actual revision.
Reply 12
100% possible. I practiced for two days, probably 6 hours each day before mine.

The questions become very repetitive on the CD's / apps and you learn them without realising it.

Give it your best shot, I'm sure you'll do it.
Update: I did indeed learn it in 3 days and just passed! (Even managed 50/50 in the multiple choice) It can be done :smile:
tried that the first time and got 38/50... second I got 42/50, now defo downloading the app don't wanna be too confident
Original post by TaraMakwana
tried that the first time and got 38/50... second I got 42/50, now defo downloading the app don't wanna be too confident

The app I had was the official DVSA one, it’s got a blue background and £4.99 I think. It was really helpful. None of the questions in my actual theory were ones I hadn’t seen before (hence making full marks possible)
Reply 16
I learnt it the night before and comfortably passed
Original post by SARCHER86
I learnt from a theory app, used it every day for a month, about 5 mins a day. I passed first time on the theory. Every day solid for a two weeks I think is minimum. Three days, it's too much to take in, and not enough time to make some mistakes.

What is the name of the app you used
Original post by SARCHER86

Which app did u use

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending