The Student Room Group

Best welsh unis?

I’m from wales and I’ve only applied for welsh universities. I’m wondering which one is best? I’m thinking about going to either Swansea or Cardiff?
I was offered at place at the University of Cardiff. long time ago, that's a great place and is a full research grade uni - member of the Russell Group of Research Universities - that's not that important, except some employers in some subjects have historically preferred Russel Group students.

However I went instead to a tech college in Chelmsford, later university of East Anglia, now a car-park - and I had a great time.

My bro did art at Swansea, he enjoyed his time there, but had to do a different degree later to get a good job.

Aberystwyth is famous, a bit, for being a bit hard to get to! But they are a welcoming uni, if you can find it.

The best suggestion, is not to be so worried about "which is the best" but try and attend an open day (either formal or informal) at both University of Caerdydd and the Swansea University, and see which you prefer, talk to your future professors on your choice of courses, that is really a very very very useful thing to do!
Original post by Glittermuke
I’m from wales and I’ve only applied for welsh universities. I’m wondering which one is best? I’m thinking about going to either Swansea or Cardiff?

Hey,

It all depends on what you'd like to study and what your looking for in a city. Swansea is a lovely seaside University and is known to deliver a great student experience. Cardiff is a larger vibrant city with a lot going on.

Take time to make your decision, visit the universities and do what's best for you.

:smile:
Original post by Glittermuke

Hi @Glittermuke

Great news that you are thinking of studying at Cardiff University. I would definitely suggest visiting us. Our open days are a great way to experience what it’s like to study and live in Cardiff. Unfortunately our 2019 open days have now passed. If you are looking for the full Open Day experience, sign up to our newsletter and we’ll be in touch with our 2020 Open Day dates and will let you know when booking opens - https://undergraduate-enews.cardiff.ac.uk/h/t/B965104E0538C93A.

For more information on what to expect on an Open Day please visit our website - https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days-visits.

We hope to meet you soon! :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending