W3D3:

Comp Bench Press 75kg 2x3,1,x6

Squats 85kg 3x8

Bent over rows 50kg 3x10

Dips 8kg 3x10

Diamond push ups 3x10

Face pulls 19kg 3x20

Notes:

1.) Already missing the days of March where I could bench 90kg, and have an easy time with 75kg lol.

2.) Squats are going amazing super proud of myself. Work capacity and mental game is pretty good in terms of the high reps, hopefully I can get to 100kg for a 3x8 soon.

3.) Great workout today overall, accessories were perfect. Except rows, rows are boring but they have to be done
Back in the Gym LP W3D4:
OHP 32.5kg 3x8
Deadlift 105kg 3x10
Pendlay Rows 50kg 2x8,1x6
Leg Press 60kg 2x13,2x12
Bulgarian Split Squats 8kg per side 2x13,2x12
Tricep Pushdowns 14kg 5x20
Weighted planks

Notes:

Very good day. In new territory with the 8 reps OHP next week when I do 35kg for 3x8. Conventional deadlift just reminds me how much better sumo is for me but I’m seeing it through for this cycle. BSS require a lot of mental willpower especially with my crap balance or how awkward my back foot always feels (I balance it on a bench)
W4D1:
Squats 102.5kg 3x3+
Bench 57.5kg 5x6
Front squats 57.5kg 5x5
Pull ups 5x3
Dips 8kg 2x10,1x8
Bicep curls 12kg 4x8
Tricep Pushdowns 21kg 2x13,2x12
Original post by SuperHuman98
W4D1:
Squats 102.5kg 3x3+
Bench 57.5kg 5x6
Front squats 57.5kg 5x5
Pull ups 5x3
Dips 8kg 2x10,1x8
Bicep curls 12kg 4x8
Tricep Pushdowns 21kg 2x13,2x12

Good lifts! What are your PB's?
Original post by SportScience42
Good lifts! What are your PB's?

Before gyms closed my PRs were..

Deadlift 170kg for 4
Bench 90kg for 4
Squats 115kg for 3

@75kg bodyweight

I didn’t get a chance to max out but I think I could have gotten 180kg deadlift and 100kg bench
Before gyms closed my PRs were..

Deadlift 170kg for 4
Bench 90kg for 4
Squats 115kg for 3

@75kg bodyweight

I didn’t get a chance to max out but I think I could have gotten 180kg deadlift and 100kg bench

Thats really good! My all time pbs are
Deadlift 170 kg for 1
Bench 97.5 kg for 1
Squats 170 kg for 1

I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym soon!
I think your squat is going to shoot up soon given that your deadlift is already very impressive for your height.
Thats really good! My all time pbs are
Deadlift 170 kg for 1
Bench 97.5 kg for 1
Squats 170 kg for 1

I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym soon!
I think your squat is going to shoot up soon given that your deadlift is already very impressive for your height.

Yep a goal of mine is to get my squat up to be closer to my deadlift. I think it depends on leverages so I’d be happy with just a 20kg difference. My deadlift progress last 2 months before gyms closed was a bit insane tho haha I’ve only lifted 170kg once and I did 2 sets of 1 and then the final set I did 1x4 (AMRAP set). And a week before that was when I lifted 160kg for the first time for (3x2,1x4).

My main secondary squat has been front squats so I think I will soon change to pause squats which should be a big help for me.

Your squat is really good! It shows that you are a really good squatter. Same squat and deadlift is goals haha
(edited 3 years ago)
Yep a goal of mine is to get my squat up to be closer to my deadlift. I think it depends on leverages so I’d be happy with just a 20kg difference. My deadlift progress last 2 months before gyms closed was a bit insane haha I’ve only lifted 170kg once and I did 2 sets of 1 and then the final set I did 1x4 (AMRAP set). And a week before that was when I lifted 160kg for the first time for (3x2,1x4).

My main secondary squat has been front squats so I think I will soon change to pause squats which should be a big help for me.

Your squat is really good! It shows that you are a really good squatter. Same squat and deadlift is goals haha

Thats great stuff! I think paused squats are useful (especially if you decide to compete in powerlifting).
I also recommend good mornings (done safely ofcourse), they blew my hammies up!
Thats great stuff! I think paused squats are useful (especially if you decide to compete in powerlifting).
I also recommend good mornings (done safely ofcourse), they blew my hammies up!

I was supposed to compete in April but it got cancelled. I think I’ll compete around December this year to qualify for the university championships in March. Depending on the pandemic
(edited 3 years ago)
W4D2

OHP 42.5kg 3x2
Sumo deadlift 140kg 2x3,1x8
RDL 60kg 3x12
***** Press, Tricep Pushdowns and machine rows

Notes:

1.) Really kicking myself I could have gotten a few more reps on the deadlift.

2.) Also OHP today counts as a fail, I kept failing 3rd rep at just above forehead.

3.) Need to work a bit more on taking my time when it comes to deadlift set up
W5D1: Post closures LP

Squats 105kg 3x3

Front squats 60kg 5x5

Bench Press 60kg 5x6

Pull ups 5x3

Dips 6kg 3x10

Bicep curls 10kg 2x13,2x12

Tricep Pushdowns 23kg 4x10

Notes:

1.) Squats were very good today compared to last week.

2.) Tried to be more conscious of my time, and I spent 2 hours on the dot. Which is good but some room for improvement. My new up and coming goal for 2020 and 2021 is to have better management over my time
Starting a new training block. It’s more focused on getting quality reps and sub max work until week 5 or 6. Also on getting easy RPE. I think it’s just a building phase, and I am cutting for a few weeks before I go back to uni. Doing paused variations and quicker sessions now as I was spending way too long in the gym

W1D1:

Bench Press 70kg 4x6
Paused OHP 25kg 8x4 (a bit too easy)
Tricep extensions 4x15
Seated rows 5x10
Bicep curls 6x10

Bench RPE was just right, and I should have increased weight on the OHP as it was too easy
(edited 3 years ago)
Starting a new training block. It’s more focused on getting quality reps and sub max work until week 5 or 6. Also on getting easy RPE. I think it’s just a building phase, and I am cutting for a few weeks before I go back to uni. Doing paused variations and quicker sessions now as I was spending way too long in the gym

W1D1:

Bench Press 70kg 4x6
Paused OHP 25kg 8x4 (a bit too easy)
Tricep extensions 4x15
Seated rows 5x10
Bicep curls 6x10

Bench RPE was just right, and I should have increased weight on the OHP as it was too easy

What does the spilt look like? Upper/lower split?
Original post by Gone Revising II
What does the spilt look like? Upper/lower split?

Yeah upper lower which is what I usually do. Although this time it’s Deadlifts followed by paused deadlift. Squats followed by paused squats. Rather than both squats and deadlifts e.g. deadlifts followed by front squats
W1D2:

12 sets of deadlifts done on a caloric deficit lol:cool:

Deadlifts 140kg 4x6
Paused deadlifts 100kg 8x4
Good mornings (just the 20kg bar) 5x8
Rows 5x10
Abs 5x10

Impressed that I got the deadlifts at the right RPE. First time doing paused variation and good mornings

Quick Reply

Latest