The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire New Uni

Are there any students from Buckinghamshire new uni who do the events management course on here? Just got a few questions about the course and what it’s realistically like, I have just been to the open day and seems like they over exaggerated everything to make themselves sound amazing 🥴
Reply 1
👋🏼👋🏼
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 2
Hey, I do the Events Management course at Bucks New Uni.I know what you mean by over-exaggeration, but trust me they're not! I was skeptical at first, but all lecturers have an extensive past working within the events industry in an array of different areas. Because of this there are many different opportunities to gain amazing work experience during the summer. The course leader has a great relationship with Festival Republic, and by volunteering with FR you meet other companies too. I now work for a live event services company named Ginger Owl and have had unbelievably valuable experiences where I've made important contacts of my own. Please let me know if you have specific questions - I'd be happy to answer them.
Reply 3
This is so helpful thank you! I’ve asked past students who did Events Management and they’ve told me that they were unsupervised until the last 5 months and everything was rushed. Was this the case with you?
Reply 4
Original post by Maz_g1x
This is so helpful thank you! I’ve asked past students who did Events Management and they’ve told me that they were unsupervised until the last 5 months and everything was rushed. Was this the case with you?

Definitely not, students are well-supervised throughout their time at Bucks New Uni both for help with assignments and with any personal matters. Every year you are assigned a Personal Tutor, who is a lecturer on your course, that has meetings with you either as a group or one-to-one where you can talk about any worries, anything that is going really well, or if you need help with assignments. Alternatively, if you have worries about a specific module the lecturers answer emails quickly and are available for one-to-ones. I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending