The Student Room Group

I want to start plant based diet but it's hard

I'm just another meat eater who watched game changers and is now becoming vegetarian. I now believe that humans can solely survive only on the food that mother nature has provided us with and that this is the our optimal energy source.

But it's been a month and I still eat unhealthy junk and processed food because all the plant based foods r basically ****. no taste. and I miss meat so much, I had it maybe 1 or 3 times this month...

how can I stay motivated and eat enough food that also tastes good and benefits from someone who works out and exercises too?
You dont have to eat special plant based fake meats if you dont like them, go on sites like pinterest and online forums for vegetarian/vegan diets and ask about easy meals that dont use meat substitutes. Things like lentils and beans are used in alot of plant based diets as subs for meat because they contain protein. Also just vegetables and rice with the right seasoning can be good. You dont have to be %100 meat free to be healthy, its just about balancing what you eat but if you really dont want to eat meat then its about keeping your eye out for new products or products you hadnt noticed before. Good luck with your plant based eating 🙂
Original post by LimeElephant
You dont have to eat special plant based fake meats if you dont like them, go on sites like pinterest and online forums for vegetarian/vegan diets and ask about easy meals that dont use meat substitutes. Things like lentils and beans are used in alot of plant based diets as subs for meat because they contain protein. Also just vegetables and rice with the right seasoning can be good. You dont have to be %100 meat free to be healthy, its just about balancing what you eat but if you really dont want to eat meat then its about keeping your eye out for new products or products you hadnt noticed before. Good luck with your plant based eating 🙂

good post :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LimeElephant

ah ok that's brill
It is good to consume a plant based diet. Eating a plant diet decreases your risk of developing heart diseases, some types of cancers, diabetes, and obesity.
Don't make major life decisions based on a documentary made and solely starring people with vested interests.

Pretty much everything the game changes purports to tell you is demonstrably false.

Don't get diet advice from Netflix.
Original post by The_Atomix
I'm just another meat eater who watched game changers and is now becoming vegetarian. I now believe that humans can solely survive only on the food that mother nature has provided us with and that this is the our optimal energy source.

Have you ever looked inside your mouth?
I've been going a fraction of that time, not as a vegan, but no meat and milk. But maybe you're not going for enough foods that replicate that effect. Marmite, Dark Chocolate, nuts, eggs are examples of b vitamin foods that replace meat well. Even asparagus. I'm eating fish though.

Original post by The_Atomix

But it's been a month and I still eat unhealthy junk and processed food because all the plant based foods r basically ****. no taste. and I miss meat so much, I had it maybe 1 or 3 times this month...

how can I stay motivated and eat enough food that also tastes good and benefits from someone who works out and exercises too?
It is usually challenging to change your habits; as they say, old habits die hard, but a simple rule of thumb to form a good habit is to do so for 21 days continuously. Now it may be hard for some people to do so but if you are a true believer that a plant-based diet is best for your health then I would suggest you should take this challenge to eat it for 21 days straight. it might be difficult in the beginning but good things don't come easy do they?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest