The Student Room Group
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website

Leeds Trinity Primary Ed Interview

Has anyone else got a primary ed interview at Leeds Trinity Uni tomorrow? Is the whole interview as a group, including the individual show and tell part?
Original post by no.198
Has anyone else got a primary ed interview at Leeds Trinity Uni tomorrow? Is the whole interview as a group, including the individual show and tell part?

Hi! I've been invited to an interview on 8th February. How did you find it in the end? Do you have nay advice or pointers? :smile:
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LizLizLikes
Hi! I've been invited to an interview on 8th February. How did you find it in the end? Do you have nay advice or pointers? :smile:

It was really good. We sat in a room and chatted to everyone for almost an hour. We then went into the big lecture theatre and asked student ambassadors questions and had a presentation on the course. Then half of us went and had a talk on placements whilst the other half did their interview. It was a group interview and basically you introduce yourself to everyone (there is about 6 of you and 2 adults) and then we got split into 2 and talked in a group about one of the questions and presented it to the others and then they did the same. Some groups had to give their own opinion on their own. You then Present your personal item you bring. I would not suggest taking a plant or something because quite a few people bought that. It was actually not bad at all so just be chatty and have enough to say about your item. You can use any notes you bring with you for the questions and maybe even for your item. Good luck!
Original post by no.198
It was really good. We sat in a room and chatted to everyone for almost an hour. We then went into the big lecture theatre and asked student ambassadors questions and had a presentation on the course. Then half of us went and had a talk on placements whilst the other half did their interview. It was a group interview and basically you introduce yourself to everyone (there is about 6 of you and 2 adults) and then we got split into 2 and talked in a group about one of the questions and presented it to the others and then they did the same. Some groups had to give their own opinion on their own. You then Present your personal item you bring. I would not suggest taking a plant or something because quite a few people bought that. It was actually not bad at all so just be chatty and have enough to say about your item. You can use any notes you bring with you for the questions and maybe even for your item. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I'm on with it now, it's helpful to speak to people who have done it already!
Reply 4
Original post by LizLizLikes
Thank you so much! I'm on with it now, it's helpful to speak to people who have done it already!

Your welcome. Honestly my biggest tip is to just not stress about it
Reply 5
Hang on, personal item? Do you mean this? -

What to prepare for the individual
‘show and tell’
At the start of your interview, you’ll be
invited to do a ‘show-and-tell’ with an object
that you’ve brought in. This object can be
anything at all, as long as you can use it
to help explain your passion for becoming
a teacher and the qualities you think you
possess that would help you to become
a great teacher.
Reply 6
Original post by india202
Hang on, personal item? Do you mean this? -

What to prepare for the individual
‘show and tell’
At the start of your interview, you’ll be
invited to do a ‘show-and-tell’ with an object
that you’ve brought in. This object can be
anything at all, as long as you can use it
to help explain your passion for becoming
a teacher and the qualities you think you
possess that would help you to become
a great teacher.

Yeah that’s what I meant I forgot what it was called. For example I took in a picture of my baby cousin because I have helped and watched him grow and develop and stuff like that and other people took in plants to say how it is like a child growing and you need to put stuff in to get stuff out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending