The Student Room Group

What are your ambitions after graduating from pharmacy school?

There are lot of options for pharmacists and the typical option is working in retail pharmacy.

About me I hope I will have the chance and complete my higher education in clinical pharmacy field in Canada. I'm interested in Clinical Pharmacokinetics.

I'm also considering completing in research but fields are vast and I don't know which field to choose.

So how about you:yep:?
1) Qualify!!
Reply 2
Retail.
Reply 3
Industry, if not that than Community.

-Emmz-
1) Qualify!!

When do pre-reg results come out? :confused: Good luck!
Method

When do pre-reg results come out? :confused: Good luck!

Today :eek: I feel positively sick!
Reply 5
-Emmz-
Today :eek: I feel positively sick!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Really good luck, I'm sure you'll pass! How do they usually get them again (forgot) I should know due to the amount of family members that are pharmacists lol. Post, email or pick them up? :smile:
Method
:eek: :eek: :eek: Really good luck, I'm sure you'll pass! How do they usually get them again (forgot) I should know due to the amount of family members that are pharmacists lol. Post, email or pick them up? :smile:

Mail and they put a pass list up on the society website too. I've never ever been this nervous about an exam result before!
Reply 7
-Emmz-
Mail and they put a pass list up on the society website too. I've never ever been this nervous about an exam result before!

Oh yeah ofc, that brings back memories when I saw my cousins opening the dreaded envelope. One of them was last year during the postal strike if I remember correctly. I also remember reading the lists in the PJ's last year totally forgot about them.

That's totally normal, if you weren't nervous then I don't think you'd be healthy lol. :smile: Let us know it goes! :wink: (I'm convinced you passed knowing you on here :p:)
Yay I passed :biggrin: my ambitions now are to finish the last 2 weeks of my training and then be a clinical pharmacist in hospital. Quite liking the idea of being a teacher practitioner in the future but we'll see what happens!
Reply 9
-Emmz-
Yay I passed :biggrin: my ambitions now are to finish the last 2 weeks of my training and then be a clinical pharmacist in hospital. Quite liking the idea of being a teacher practitioner in the future but we'll see what happens!

Congratulations! Good to hear :wink: What'd you feel like when you opened the envelope? :biggrin:
Thank you! I was so nervous I had problems opening the envelope haha then focusing on what the letter said but I felt very relieved and then extremely happy!!
congrats emmz, you deserve it. Any specific field within the clinical side you are interested in?
Reply 12
And you descions about retail or industry based on that is
easier, available, or does it really interests you?

Is there any senior here?
-Emmz-

Congrats on passing, Emmz

As for graduating. Getting into a Pharmacy course helps, then maybe do an independant prescribing course
Firstly: Well done -Emmz- I hope you enjoy your first few weeks as a newly qualified pharmacist. Hope they're not too stressful. Hope the clinical diploma goes well too. Good luck if you go for a TP job as they're hard to come by, but i am sure you will be fine. If you really want to do it then that should show in an interview and play in your favour.

Secondly: I obviously need to graduate and pass my preregistration year, in hospital. I might locum for a year or two as this will give me time to get involved with the new professional body... whatever form that will take. After that i want to do a PhD in Pharmaceutics - but i won't be in a rush as i want the right PhD to come up.
Reply 15
pharmaceutical industry. Research of some sort. If not maybe PhD .im thinking something in the field of pharmaceutical microbiology, or neuro pharmacology. Than industry /research. But its a good 3 years from now, so may b my plans may change :smile:
Reply 16
locum and make loadsa money!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending