The Student Room Group

is it unhealthy to drink drinks like relentless and red bull on a daily basis?

well....what do you reckon? if you have like a can, maybe 2 a day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes...there is a daily recommended allowance for caffeine, and I think they exceed them juuuust a teeny weeny little bit...
Definitely. :smile:
yesboss
well....what do you reckon? if you have like a can, maybe 2 a day

I reckon so, as your body would become dependent upon the caffeine content. Do you have any other caffeine aside from Red Bull, like coke or coffee?
Reply 4
I'm not sure, as I know a lot of people who drink several cups of coffee and tea a day and have done for years. I drink around 7 myself. Which surely is more than a can of Relentless or Redbull a day?
Reply 5
Each can contains almost 200% your daily allowance of vitamins I believe. They're not good for you.
Reply 6
lol, I've heard of people who survive with more stims than that.

32mg eph hcl
160mg caff
25 mg geranamine
Two small scoops of alcar
Two small scoops of BA
4-5g of tyrosine
7-8g of taurine
6g Ribose
Reply 7
yes because all soft drinks including redbull and relentless contain a lot of crap which isn't at all good for the human body.

water is what you should be drinking and nothing else.
probably, too much caffeine :p: and you'll find it harder to get to sleep
I used to drink 3 Red Bulls a day but it started giving me headaches so I cut down to 0/1... I usually drink one before the gym and that helps me keep the stamina up.
Reply 10
I never touch any of this rubbish, just get plenty of sleep and exercise and you won't have a need for them.
I was thinking more of the sugar content than anything else...
My theory is that lots of caffeine in it so it is going to keep you awake when you should be sleeping. Distrurbing your sleeping patterns. Leading to lack of energy then if you reach for more caffeine drinks you will have sudden burst of energy. Than gets in to a cycle. Not good for your health either! I would suggest to excercise and eatting healthly. If your drinking those energy drinks make sure you have breaks from them from time to time.
When I went to London and had to stay up all night I had 4 Rockstars and 4 Red Bulls, I thought my head was gonna explode...
Reply 14
burningnun
lol, I've heard of people who survive with more stims than that.

huh
Reply 15
jaydoh
I used to drink 3 Red Bulls a day but it started giving me headaches so I cut down to 0/1... I usually drink one before the gym and that helps me keep the stamina up.

...Did you mean what you said there?
Red bull in no way helps stamina, it helps most with sprinting and even then it's very counter-productive. It gives you a short burst of energy, and then enduces what is effectively a sugar crash. Drinking it before the gym is a bad idea, take that from someone who does a lot of sport (swimming and land training).
Well...Really.
None a day would be healthy.
Its because its got so much sugar and caffeine in it, which isnt good for the body really...
Red Bull <33
Its funny how it doesn't even taste that nice but is really really addictive...
Caffeine is a pretty harmless drug unless you overdose on it, which isn't going to happen if you drink energy drinks at a normal rate. There's nothing particularly bad about them, especially the sugar free ones, and some of the ingredients are somewhat unnatural, yet none of them are harmful (taurine, for instance, actually aids sleep!). However, I really do suggest you take it easy on the caffeine, as after a while it really does mess with you a bit; none of the side effects are serious, but quite unpleasant nonetheless.
yesboss
huh

Well, if the stack I quoted is true, which I believe it is, I don't think you'll have a problem with taking caff daily.

Quick Reply

Latest