The Student Room Group

Mens Ties.

Just curious what the guys on heres taste in ties were (and the girls taste in mens ties too). I'd only wear solid colour ties in , black, blue, grey, dark purple &dark red. I hate checked ties, and any ties from burtons :puke: , but I love stripey ties and ties that look a bit like school ties. For me Ralph Lauren to the perfect ties although they are a little pricey. What is everyone else take on ties.

Scroll to see replies

My boyfriend doesn't like stripes or most patterns. He has a few stripey and patterned ties but they are exceptions, he thinks most are horrible. He mainly likes block colour :yep:
bleugh...that looks like our old school tie! :s-smilie: :eek:

..not a big tie fan - have worn one for too much of my life..lol
I'm wearing lots of 70's style bold striped ties at the moment. Not all at the same time, obviously.
Reply 4
I despise ties. It's all about Cravats.
Reply 5
Skinny ties are the way forward!
Reply 6
The only tie I own is blue and has an image of Pluto (the dog) repeated over and over on it.
Reply 7
I like ties on guys, but only the right sort of guy..as I'd prefer it if they steered away from cartoon ties i.e. Donald Duck plastered over tie is not attractive. For formal events bow ties definitely look the best, rather James Bond esque :hubba:
k823127
Skinny ties are the way forward!

:yep: Agree
I like Ted Baker ties :yes:
I actually I think you'll find that skinny ties are the way back. Does no one apart from me remember 2006? Or 2007?
Reply 11
Spike4848
I actually I think you'll find that skinny ties are the way back. Does no one apart from me remember 2006? Or 2007?

Fashions come around again.
Yes but the time between them used to be long enough that there weren't still a significant number of people still wearing them.
http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/categorylist/men/Ties?resetFilters=true for the true city gent/slone look - price to match too :P
Reply 14
man if i could wear a tie to work i would. jazz up boring shirts with OMG IN UR FACE tie
Reply 15
Bluelight
Just curious what the guys on heres taste in ties were (and the girls taste in mens ties too). I'd only wear solid colour ties in , black, blue, grey, dark purple &dark red. I hate checked ties, and any ties from burtons :puke: , but I love stripey ties and ties that look a bit like school ties. For me Ralph Lauren to the perfect ties although they are a little pricey. What is everyone else take on ties.

That's hideous, wouldn't wear that. Also, keep away from polyester ties - has to be 100% silk.
People shouldn't limit themselves to stupid things like only solid colours.

Oh and skinny ties are ****.
Reply 17
DirtyHarry
People shouldn't limit themselves to stupid things like only solid colours.

Oh and skinny ties are ****.

Skinny ties are wanna-be-green-day-punk 20 years too late.
Check out exclusive men's designer neckties...Made in Italy
Stanley Lewis luxury silk necktie collection
a black skinny tie if i have to wear one
but i think i can where it well

Quick Reply

Latest