The Student Room Group

Is possible to go from a 4 to a 7 in science?

I can confirm that you can. I am a student who was determined to do higher science but didn't know if I can succeed and achieve the grades I desire.

My science teacher who I am really thankful for, gave my science class an exam a month before the real gcse science exams in which showed us whether we will be doing higher or foundation in science. Unfortunately, I failed the exam and did end up crying because I really want to do Alevel science. My teacher gave me the opportunity to do higher and told me that it would be my responsibility if I failed. This made me feel nervous and regretful. I really thought I might fail as I was three weeks away from our GCSE real exams. I kept asking myself how was I going to go from a 4 that I have achieved for two years to a 7 in less than 3 weeks, like is that even possible? I tried seeing if anyone else has made such a jump. But there was no one.

I cried a few times during GCSE term. I didn't know whether what I was doing as revision was helping me at all. This caused me to want to give up and stop the stress; even though I knew this will cause me to be more stressed. I thought to myself LIFE IS REALLY STRESSFUL.

Something else that made me stressed is when I come home after doing a science exam which I thought I COMPLETELY FAILED, my parents would ask me how it went and I didn't want to tell them, I FAILED IT, so I would say 'It was okay...' During the holidays, all I can think of was my science grade. 'I HOPE I GOT AT LEAST A 4. I WANT TO PASS' :frown:

Oh yeah, just to let you know I am a BTS fan and guess what BTS released their album during GCSE, which of course distracted me and caused me to not revise as much as I wanted to do for 3 of my science exams. And lets not forget about the billboard award show in which caused me to stay up until 3am on a Sunday and I had an exam the next day. I TOTALLY DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS AS I FLOPPED THAT SUBJECT !!

Surprisingly on results day I found out that I got a 7 and 6 (as I did combined science, I got two grades).

How did I do it?
MYGCSESCIENCE - I REALLY PUT MY BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS INTO THIS.

How did I use Mygcsescience?

I watched the videos around 2 times each, if I still didn't understand it, I would watch it again (so 3 times). If I still don't understand I would show my science teacher the bit I don't understand in the video or on the worksheet.

The first time I watched a video I wrote small useful notes of that video and then I would do the worksheet without writing on it. I would just think about what the answer is and see if I got that correct. This is a quicker way, rather than writing it down and then marking it. It's up to you.

The second time I watched it was before the exam, I would quickly scam through the video and write short (I MEAN SHORT) notes on a blank paper. Please don't make it neat or small, do it so big to the point you can read it clearly like you read off the whiteboard in class.

That's it for MYGCSESCIENCE.

Another thing, I RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS AS WELL, please YOU NEED TO DO EXAM PAPERS. You need to practice doing papers. Do a paper once and anything you got wrong, watch MYGCSESCIENCE and do that question again and mark it again. If you think you're really generous to yourself when marking, please, just give it to your teacher to mark for you. You can't do well, without practice. You didn't memorise how to walk when you were a baby, you practiced to walk. You didn't memorise how to write, you practiced to write. THIS IS THE SAME.

Last not least, DON'T GIVE UP. You came and read up to here because you want to do well. GCSE will come to an ending, so let that ending be a good ending. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT. Even if you do have 2 weeks left or 8 days left, you can still get that 7. Just try what I have advised you to do.

Your teachers are also there for you.

Thank you. May the odds be with you.

FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by JUNGKOOKBABYGIRL
I can confirm that you can. I am a student who was determined to do higher science but didn't know if I can succeed and achieve the grades I desire.

My science teacher who I am really thankful for, gave my science class an exam a month before the real gcse science exams in which showed us whether we will be doing higher or foundation in science. Unfortunately, I failed the exam and did end up crying because I really want to do Alevel science. My teacher gave me the opportunity to do higher and told me that it would be my responsibility if I failed. This made me feel nervous and regretful. I really thought I might fail as I was three weeks away from our GCSE real exams. I kept asking myself how was I going to go from a 4 that I have achieved for two years to a 7 in less than 3 weeks, like is that even possible? I tried seeing if anyone else has made such a jump. But there was no one.

I cried a few times during GCSE term. I didn't know whether what I was doing as revision was helping me at all. This caused me to want to give up and stop the stress; even though I knew this will cause me to be more stressed. I thought to myself LIFE IS REALLY STRESSFUL.

Something else that made me stressed is when I come home after doing a science exam which I thought I COMPLETELY FAILED, my parents would ask me how it went and I didn't want to tell them, I FAILED IT, so I would say 'It was okay...' During the holidays, all I can think of was my science grade. 'I HOPE I GOT AT LEAST A 4. I WANT TO PASS' :frown:

Oh yeah, just to let you know I am a BTS fan and guess what BTS released their album during GCSE, which of course distracted me and caused me to not revise as much as I wanted to do for 3 of my science exams. And lets not forget about the billboard award show in which caused me to stay up until 3am on a Sunday and I had an exam the next day. I TOTALLY DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS AS I FLOPPED THAT SUBJECT !!

Surprisingly on results day I found out that I got a 7 and 6 (as I did combined science, I got two grades).

How did I do it?
MYGCSESCIENCE - I REALLY PUT MY BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS INTO THIS.

How did I use Mygcsescience?

I watched the videos around 2 times each, if I still didn't understand it, I would watch it again (so 3 times). If I still don't understand I would show my science teacher the bit I don't understand in the video or on the worksheet.

The first time I watched a video I wrote small useful notes of that video and then I would do the worksheet without writing on it. I would just think about what the answer is and see if I got that correct. This is a quicker way, rather than writing it down and then marking it. It's up to you.

The second time I watched it was before the exam, I would quickly scam through the video and write short (I MEAN SHORT) notes on a blank paper. Please don't make it neat or small, do it so big to the point you can read it clearly like you read off the whiteboard in class.

That's it for MYGCSESCIENCE.

Another thing, I RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS AS WELL, please YOU NEED TO DO EXAM PAPERS. You need to practice doing papers. Do a paper once and anything you got wrong, watch MYGCSESCIENCE and do that question again and mark it again. If you think you're really generous to yourself when marking, please, just give it to your teacher to mark for you. You can't do well, without practice. You didn't memorise how to walk when you were a baby, you practiced to walk. You didn't memorise how to write, you practiced to write. THIS IS THE SAME.

Last not least, DON'T GIVE UP. You came and read up to here because you want to do well. GCSE will come to an ending, so let that ending be a good ending. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT. Even if you do have 2 weeks left or 8 days left, you can still get that 7. Just try what I have advised you to do.

Your teachers are also there for you.

Thank you. May the odds be with you.

FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!

i started the year with 4-4 ended up getting an 8-8 on results day, so hardwork does pay off
Original post by Hal_01
i started the year with 4-4 ended up getting an 8-8 on results day, so hardwork does pay off

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD JOB!!! What sixth form did u get into? I still haven't got one. I know this really bad and I am really worried.
Okay I know this isn't science but in my english lit mocks I got an E but by working hard to improve myself (and also writing a lot faster), I got an A in the real GCSE. So, I guess it goes to show that any subject grade can be improved if you just try a bit harder.
Original post by qwertyuiop543211
Okay I know this isn't science but in my english lit mocks I got an E but by working hard to improve myself (and also writing a lot faster), I got an A in the real GCSE. So, I guess it goes to show that any subject grade can be improved if you just try a bit harder.

GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!! See things like this is possible. I am really happy for you. Hard work pays off!! :smile:
Original post by JUNGKOOKBABYGIRL
GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!! See things like this is possible. I am really happy for you. Hard work pays off!! :smile:

Thank you! You too- I'm so glad all your hard work was worth it in the end! And hard work really does, I couldn't agree more
Put in AT LEAST half an hour outside of school EVERY DAY for the subjects you're struggling with. Over time, you could even get a grade 9 :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Hal_01

Same boat mate.
Reply 8
yh me in physics!! you'll be fine x
THIS IS SO MOTIVATING IM DOING GCSES ATM AND MY FRIEND FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL LET ME USE HER ACCOUNT AND ITS AMAZING im gonna also do past questions from long time ago until now but honestly this is so motivating i was like to myself just give up but no ! thank you and im sure bts are proud of you hehe
Reply 10
.... ....
(edited 5 years ago)
I don’t think you guys realise how motivating your results and the effort that you put in is... I hope I can come back here in August and inspire someone else
Reply 12
Original post by Infinite Series
Put in AT LEAST half an hour outside of school EVERY DAY for the subjects you're struggling with. Over time, you could even get a grade 9 :smile:

if i’m doing two hours a dog starting now and my exams are in i thjnk april can i go from a four and five to a six at least?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending