The Student Room Group

Chelsea F.C. Thread IX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bj27
he won't get a ban now because the refs have seen it

The rules are stupid - amazed they haven't changed them yet. As if upholding a wrong decision does anything for the integrity or respect for referees.

Are you still in the "back Lampard" camp? He obviously had a free hit at the start of the season but his first half raised expectation. If you fail to qualify for the CL now.. it would be a big blow. Would you trust him to spend like a £200mil war chest?
Reply 41
Original post by Zerforax
The rules are stupid - amazed they haven't changed them yet. As if upholding a wrong decision does anything for the integrity or respect for referees.

Are you still in the "back Lampard" camp? He obviously had a free hit at the start of the season but his first half raised expectation. If you fail to qualify for the CL now.. it would be a big blow. Would you trust him to spend like a £200mil war chest?

I'm still team Lampard. You guys when you started were in a similar situation with Suarez and sterling leaving, look what happened.

we have Ziyech, who I think is absolute quality. if we get Sancho (who I think is needed tbh), a striker and a CB we should do fine. Left back would be great but not super necessary, I can handle a season of Marcos Alonso and Azpilicueta.

really we got ****ed by this ban and now we're feeling the effects. the problem now is that with the ban being overturned in January we couldn't buy anybody with those prices. we didn't need a midfielder, we needed a forward and that's not easy to get in January.
Original post by bj27
VAR isn't the problem.

VAR can’t be blamed for our season but it can to an extent for last night. If Maguire got sent off as he should have then I doubt we lose 2-0; the second goal certainly doesn’t happen anyway.

We’re in this situation because we can’t finish chances and we concede far too many goals. How many times have we gone ahead and ended up drawing or losing? How many times have we been the better team and lost because we couldn’t score?

We’re just lucky United and spurs have been **** too.
Wow VAR royally screwed Chelsea last night
Reply 44
Christensen is easily Chelsea’s best CB. He looks to finally be getting back to his form before that Barca game 2 seasons ago. He’s worked on the physical side of his game and is looking more confident in general. It’s a shame he has to be partnered with Rudiger
Superb today, everyone was class.

Except VAR, of course (again).

That bloke behind the VAR decision literally got paid money to watch the replay and decide nothing was wrong with it. mental
Reply 46
Don’t get why referees are not being asked to look at the pitchside monitors a lot more in the PL.
Reply 47
Original post by Skkc16
Christensen is easily Chelsea’s best CB. He looks to finally be getting back to his form before that Barca game 2 seasons ago. He’s worked on the physical side of his game and is looking more confident in general. It’s a shame he has to be partnered with Rudiger

na he's not just like with David Luiz before that libero CB role is made for him because he's the spare man..

when we play 4-3-3 guy is frauding and we get killed with the high crosses because he can't work in the air. the ground play he's great and he can move the ball around. I wanna see more of Tomori,

also you gotta say Conte really transformed this league, Jesus man people suck peps **** but Conte really did a revolution.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Skkc16
Don’t get why referees are not being asked to look at the pitchside monitors a lot more in the PL.

For what purpose other than the waste time? It's the same group of incompetent refs who are on the field and then who do the VAR from a room. Not like it's a random/different person.
Original post by bj27
na he's not just like with David Luiz before that libero CB role is made for him because he's the spare man..

when we play 4-3-3 guy is frauding and we get killed with the high crosses because he can't work in the air. the ground play he's great and he can move the ball around. I wanna see more of Tomori,

also you gotta say Conte really transformed this league, Jesus man people suck peps **** but Conte really did a revolution.

I don't think it helped Conte that he had one amazing season to win the title and then finished 5th so people look at it like less of a revolution than they should.

Also everyone is too busy :dice: over Klopp and the pressing revolution.
Reply 50
fully expected but damn we need a CB in the summer. if not two.

we're just not clinical in both boxes. Lamps clearly knows tbh
If you were given 2 rotten peanuts by a homeless man and you cracked them open you would find Rudiger.

Useless and clueless just like Mustafi.
Reply 52
Original post by trapking
If you were given 2 rotten peanuts by a homeless man and you cracked them open you would find Rudiger.

Useless and clueless just like Mustafi.

Not just him though our entire defence were clowning like usual.

We need one super solid CB. I don't get why we don't start Tomori more.
Original post by bj27
Not just him though our entire defence were clowning like usual.

We need one super solid CB. I don't get why we don't start Tomori more.

Alfonso Davies had James on lock down.

My god.

Also talk to me about Gnarby man, what a baller that guy is. Damn.
Reply 54
Alfonso Davies had James on lock down.

My god.

Also talk to me about Gnarby man, what a baller that guy is. Damn.

Pulisic could never.

it's fine Ziyech and Sancho in the summer >>>>
Reply 55
we need a top CB nothing new. I said this about 4 weeks into the new season and my opinion hasn't changed.
Original post by bj27
we need a top CB nothing new. I said this about 4 weeks into the new season and my opinion hasn't changed.

If you still had Conte probably would have Godin, Lukaku and Sensi at Chelsea.
Reply 57
We got taught a football lesson tbf.
Reply 58
If you still had Conte probably would have Godin, Lukaku and Sensi at Chelsea.

Doubt we'd get Lukaku, he's not going to a PL rival. Godin maybe if board didn't **** up and we don't need Sensi.
Original post by bj27
Doubt we'd get Lukaku, he's not going to a PL rival. Godin maybe if board didn't **** up and we don't need Sensi.

You've got Barkley and did you sell off Drinkwater or is he just on loan?

Quick Reply

Latest