The Student Room Group

I have bad procrastination issues

Just wondering if anyone has any useful tips or anything to help me get motivation to do work? I seem to have gotten worse the further up school I go.
Original post by squigglet13
Just wondering if anyone has any useful tips or anything to help me get motivation to do work? I seem to have gotten worse the further up school I go.

The motivation you need is to simply remember that no decent person likes a dead beat. The harsh truth, that you probably don't want to hear, is that you need to become more mature and act responsibly.

One further bit of motivation. If you don't work hard you will flunk your A-levels and end up in a minimum wage job, or as a dole bludger.
Reply 2
Original post by David Getling
The motivation you need is to simply remember that no decent person likes a dead beat. The harsh truth, that you probably don't want to hear, is that you need to become more mature and act responsibly.

One further bit of motivation. If you don't work hard you will flunk your A-levels and end up in a minimum wage job, or as a dole bludger.

Agree with most of this.

although, not getting the desired A-level results the first time round isn't always doom and gloom
When you have mental health issues, no amount of motivational words will help or anything.
Original post by MoonlightRain
When you have mental health issues, no amount of motivational words will help or anything.

But far too many people use the mental health excuse for what is in reality a lack of moral fibre and backbone.
Original post by David Getling
But far too many people use the mental health excuse for what is in reality a lack of moral fibre and backbone.

Well maybe thats cause its the truth?
Reply 6
Thanks, I'll check it out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending