The Student Room Group

Study Help

Hi! I’m a Y11 student who has missed a massive chunk of the content I’m supposed to know. I was off a lot in Y10 for mental health reasons, and so I am falling behind. I don’t have any issues with studying and revising once I’m in the zone, but it is SO difficult for me to get into the zone. Any tips on getting in the mood for revision and not procrastinating?
Original post by user120758393
Hi! I’m a Y11 student who has missed a massive chunk of the content I’m supposed to know. I was off a lot in Y10 for mental health reasons, and so I am falling behind. I don’t have any issues with studying and revising once I’m in the zone, but it is SO difficult for me to get into the zone. Any tips on getting in the mood for revision and not procrastinating?

I find committing to a small amount of revision beneficial (like 5 minutes) and that usually helps me do more than that because it seems less overwhelming that way. Taking plenty of breaks is also helpful so that you still have energy to revise. I would go to your subject teachers about the content you have missed because they can help you catch up with it and understand it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending