The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

I got Cambridge accomodation.. but wth!?

"Dear James..

etc... etc...

You will need to...

Pay the £100 booking fee.
Confirm that you have read and understood the Terms of Occupancy and indicate your acceptance of the conditions.
Confirm that you have read and understood the Halls Disciplinary Code of Conduct to indicate acceptance of the code.
Confirm that you have read and understood your financial obligations regarding fees and the payments schedule.

End Quote"

Where the hell did the £100 booking fee come from? I've never heard about this til I checked my e-mail this morning.. and I haven't even got my letter of acceptance at the University as I haven't got my A level grades yet so I can't go to my bank and ask for my student account... :mad:
Reply 1
Is there a deadline on it?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
bbb
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm with Jimboo, where the hell did that 100pound charge come from? i can pay it but why have they not told us about this before?
I knew you usually have to pay a deposit on halls, but as they haven't even told us which rooms we'll be getting or any other info further than "you're in X halls" and so forth, I think its a bit early to ask for the deposit now. But I'm sure that you get your deposit if you say you don't want the room before a certain date. Maybe its like the kind of deposit you get back when you leave the halls and nothing is broken.
Basically, ring the uni, they'll have all the answers.
But yeah, it put a big drain on my funds I wasn't expecting :/
Reply 5
lol be glad you didn't go for private halls, they are asking for more like 400 up front. you've got a date on your email which was 10 days after you recieved it, if you know you can't get the money before then, you have to phone them and let them know, otherwise they revoke their offer (and you don't want to do that because cambridge halls are gonna be awesome!! :biggrin: ) but yeah, ring them and i'm sure they are used to this so should accomodate you like extending the time limit. good luck, and see you in cambridge halls in september hopefully! :biggrin: x
Jimboo
"Dear James..

etc... etc...

You will need to...

Pay the £100 booking fee.
Confirm that you have read and understood the Terms of Occupancy and indicate your acceptance of the conditions.
Confirm that you have read and understood the Halls Disciplinary Code of Conduct to indicate acceptance of the code.
Confirm that you have read and understood your financial obligations regarding fees and the payments schedule.

End Quote"

Where the hell did the £100 booking fee come from? I've never heard about this til I checked my e-mail this morning.. and I haven't even got my letter of acceptance at the University as I haven't got my A level grades yet so I can't go to my bank and ask for my student account... :mad:

All Man met halls have a £100 deposit that is to be paid. Reason why is to secure your place. If you don't get into Man met they give it back automatically. If you ring them up and say you can't get the money, I'm sure they'll understand. Accommodation are nice people y'know.
olliemilne
I knew you usually have to pay a deposit on halls, but as they haven't even told us which rooms we'll be getting or any other info further than "you're in X halls" and so forth, I think its a bit early to ask for the deposit now. But I'm sure that you get your deposit if you say you don't want the room before a certain date. Maybe its like the kind of deposit you get back when you leave the halls and nothing is broken.
Basically, ring the uni, they'll have all the answers.
But yeah, it put a big drain on my funds I wasn't expecting :/

You'll never know what rooms you are in until moving in day.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
You'll never know what rooms you are in until moving in day.

Orly?
Hmm, well that's fine I guess, not like knowing beforehand affects anything. I guess it'd just make the whole moving in thing seem a little closer.
olliemilne
Orly?
Hmm, well that's fine I guess, not like knowing beforehand affects anything. I guess it'd just make the whole moving in thing seem a little closer.

Yes really. I rang constantly wanting to know (international student (well kinda) and all that) since I had a lot of luggage but I wasn't told - then found out I was on the top floor that day lol.
Reply 10
I can pay the money; I'll have to borrow from a family member, but im just a little pithed that nobody was told about this before! It's as bad as getting a cheesecake voucher, taking it in, being promised a cheesecake in the future, and then being sent a letter before you are supposed to get your cheesecake and being told it will cost you an extra £50 to get into the store. Yes, it's that bad, and I like cheesecake!!

Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Yes really. I rang constantly wanting to know (international student (well kinda) and all that) since I had a lot of luggage but I wasn't told - then found out I was on the top floor that day lol.

You got told then? Top floor sposed to be the best caus in Winter you'll be warmer away from the ground?
Jimboo
I can pay the money; I'll have to borrow from a family member, but im just a little pithed that nobody was told about this before! It's as bad as getting a cheesecake voucher, taking it in, being promised a cheesecake in the future, and then being sent a letter before you are supposed to get your cheesecake and being told it will cost you an extra £50 to get into the store. Yes, it's that bad, and I like cheesecake!!

You got told then? Top floor sposed to be the best caus in Winter you'll be warmer away from the ground?

Nope didn't. You get told when you're receiving your keys.
Jimboo

Its not really like that is it, what with a room costing £80 a week or whatever, but its probably as distressing as that if you don't have the money. I was hoping to waste the £100 on useless tat too! Now I have to wait til payday.

Latest

Trending

Trending