The Student Room Group

how are cambridge accomodations

are cambridge accomodation actually good
Original post by JF ZAK
are cambridge accomodation actually good

ive stayed at 2 different colleges and liked one of them - which was just a standard room that youd get at any other uni but it was laid out nice and cosy. i didnt like the other however. it seemed a mess and like junk was just thrown in there (2 beds, a fireplace, armchair and ugly brown pin board). both accomodations seemed a bit old (clean, but just outdated) with small kitchens per floor.

these are around the same price as every other universities best accomodation - which can include large common rooms, modern en suites and large kitchens. so the value for money isnt great.
Reply 2
Original post by user8937264980
ive stayed at 2 different colleges and liked one of them - which was just a standard room that youd get at any other uni but it was laid out nice and cosy. i didnt like the other however. it seemed a mess and like junk was just thrown in there (2 beds, a fireplace, armchair and ugly brown pin board). both accomodations seemed a bit old (clean, but just outdated) with small kitchens per floor.

these are around the same price as every other universities best accomodation - which can include large common rooms, modern en suites and large kitchens. so the value for money isnt great.

thanks for the detail?
JF ZAK
Original post by JF ZAK
thanks for the detail?
JF ZAK

moral of the story is other universities offer renovated, modern, larger accomodation for the same price. if you were just looking for a place to rent its a no brainer to avoid cambridge accomodation. however youre obviously not looking to just live at cambridge - youre going to study there. in that case they could give me a mud shack and id still accept the offer. accomodation matters when choosing colleges though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending