The Student Room Group

I might not graduate because of 15 credits

I am doing a BA Translation course. I'm in my last year and i orginally registered for a 'Interpreting' module worth 15 credits at the start of the academic year. Just before the spring semester, I was told that the module was no longer taking place so i had to choose a "Other language module". I had already done Spanish in the previous 2 years (I wasn't allowed to pick Spanish again) and was releuctant to pick another language I had no use for. I tried to pick some of the other new courses worth 15 credits but was told it had to be a language. I'll admit, i took perhaps a week to send the language assessment questionnaire thing, (I was focused on my assessments that were due soon but i admit i should have done it sooner). Now apparently i've missed the deadline to register. I don't know what to do...I don't want to do another year just for 15 credits. I'm doing well on the course and I really want to graduate this year. What are my options?
Original post by Jamezito
I am doing a BA Translation course. I'm in my last year and i orginally registered for a 'Interpreting' module worth 15 credits at the start of the academic year. Just before the spring semester, I was told that the module was no longer taking place so i had to choose a "Other language module". I had already done Spanish in the previous 2 years (I wasn't allowed to pick Spanish again) and was releuctant to pick another language I had no use for. I tried to pick some of the other new courses worth 15 credits but was told it had to be a language. I'll admit, i took perhaps a week to send the language assessment questionnaire thing, (I was focused on my assessments that were due soon but i admit i should have done it sooner). Now apparently i've missed the deadline to register. I don't know what to do...I don't want to do another year just for 15 credits. I'm doing well on the course and I really want to graduate this year. What are my options?

Sure ive already answered this?
You have to speak to department and registry asap as only they have the power to accept or not accept a solution.
If you qualify with 345 credits, then they might let you have an ordinary degree which isnt that satisfactory.,

Read the rules on graduation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending