The Student Room Group

Is Liverpool university good for languages?

Hello 👋 I’m in year 11 rn and I’m planning to study Spanish & Chinese, is Liverpool university good for languages? It’s my first choice since I have private reasons for wanting to go to Liverpool. Sorry if this is all over the place 😔
Original post by FishFinger04
Hello 👋 I’m in year 11 rn and I’m planning to study Spanish & Chinese, is Liverpool university good for languages? It’s my first choice since I have private reasons for wanting to go to Liverpool. Sorry if this is all over the place 😔

Hi!
According to the Guardian's league tables, Liverpool comes 24th for Spanish and Chinese. I've attached the link for the table, but lots of different sites have different Universities in different ranks, so I'd recommend searching for Uni league tables online; they're really easy to find. I used the Guardian to help me with my decisions though so I thought I'd add it here.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2019/jun/07/university-league-tables-2020

Hope that helps!
Original post by jostephens
Hi!
According to the Guardian's league tables, Liverpool comes 24th for Spanish and Chinese. I've attached the link for the table, but lots of different sites have different Universities in different ranks, so I'd recommend searching for Uni league tables online; they're really easy to find. I used the Guardian to help me with my decisions though so I thought I'd add it here.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2019/jun/07/university-league-tables-2020

Hope that helps!

Thanks xx if it’s 24th, does that make it ****?
Original post by FishFinger04
Thanks xx if it’s 24th, does that make it ****?

Not bad but there are obviously better options. Just to be clear though, the previous poster was looking at the league table for modern languages, not at language-specific tables. Often East Asian languages and European languages will be in different departments and different unis have different strengths (ie. the best uni for EA languages won't necessarily be the same as for European ones). It's worth looking into the departments and professors of the unis you're interested in to see what you think of them on a more individual basis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending