The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Learning a Foreign Language alongside degree

I am a new student that will be studying Computer Science with Software Development.
I was wondering if it was worth studying a foreign language as an extra curricular activity? Is the work load manageable etc?
Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a new student that will be studying Computer Science with Software Development.
I was wondering if it was worth studying a foreign language as an extra curricular activity? Is the work load manageable etc?
Thanks.

Yes you can. But prioritise computer science over the foreign language
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks.

Hi there,

It is definitely worthwhile learning a foreign language for many reasons. It will boost your employability and perhaps open up new opportunities for you, in addition it is a great way to learn about new cultures and could come in handy on holiday too!

You can see the language teaching program that is offered at the University here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/languages/open-languages/

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending