The Student Room Group

Power supply upgrade URGENT

Hello there, could anyone tell me if a corsair txm gold 550W would be compatible with my PC?

PC and motherboard specs.
CPU: i7-4790 4 cores 3.6Ghz
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
PC model: Lenovo H-series, h30-50
PC dimensions: 399MM (Depth), 308MM (Height) and 105MM (Width)

Motherboard:
Lenovo Sharkbay 31900058
Slot PCI Express 3.0 x16
Power supply 180W

If you need any extra details, please tell me!
Is it an h30 or h50? The h30 is a slimline model and the h50 is standard ATX

Edit: Sorry read the type of PC wrong, No that PSU would not fit.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
It's a h30-50 model.

Edit: What type of PSU would be good for my PC that could go up to 550W?
(edited 4 years ago)
Nn
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by peterlovesuni
Yes,it will sexy boy

No, it won't. TXM TFX. You cannot fit a standard ATX sized PSU into a TFX Chassis.
Reply 5

The motherboard and graphics card are compatible with the PSU. The Chassis/case is not. You will either need a TFX PSU or buy a new ATX Case (The latter is a better idea)
Reply 7
Original post by Showaddywaddy
The motherboard and graphics card are compatible with the PSU. The Chassis/case is not. You will either need a TFX PSU or buy a new ATX Case (The latter is a better idea)

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it! One last thing, if I was to buy a TFX PSU, which one would you recommend that would be compatible with the motherboard and graphics card
Original post by hypn0se
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it! One last thing, if I was to buy a TFX PSU, which one would you recommend that would be compatible with the motherboard and graphics card

I doubt you will find a TFX at 550W which is also not unbranded garbage. Most reputable manufacturers of TFX pretty much stop at 350 watts. Overall i would go for Seasonic.
Reply 9
I doubt you will find a TFX at 550W which is also not unbranded garbage. Most reputable manufacturers of TFX pretty much stop at 350 watts. Overall i would go for Seasonic.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seasonic-S12-II-Bronze-Certified-Supply-80PLUS-High-Efficiency/dp/B00390P1NO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?keywords=seasonic+550w&qid=1583619683&sprefix=seasonic+550&sr=8-7
Do you think this will be good with the GPU and motherboard?

Its a lower end Seasonic model but a decent budget model. It will not fit in your current case though.

I recommend you use this site to calculate what wattage you will need (take it with a pinch of salt though, it does give a good idea of what you need though)
Reply 11
Its a lower end Seasonic model but a decent budget model. It will not fit in your current case though.

I recommend you use this site to calculate what wattage you will need (take it with a pinch of salt though, it does give a good idea of what you need though)

Thank you for the website, I will use it tomorrow morning and come back with an update as quick as I can. Finally, if you know? what PSU do you recommend that would fit in the case and also be compatible with motherboard and GPU?
Original post by hypn0se
Thank you for the website, I will use it tomorrow morning and come back with an update as quick as I can. Finally, if you know? what PSU do you recommend that would fit in the case and also be compatible with motherboard and GPU?

Well, I don't know of any TFX 550W PSU's. They pretty much stop at around 300W
Reply 13

Even a 300w would be enough to power up all the rest of the pc components + gpu

Edit: Could you recommend me a PSU of 300w? That would be enough for my pc
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14

I downloaded an application and my pc is averaging 118 W, so I'm gonna buy this power supply and see how it goes, what do you think?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BeQuiet-Power-Supply-Bronze-Certification/dp/B00I601YI8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?keywords=tfx%2B500w&qid=1583661763&sr=8-2-fkmr0&th=1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending