The Student Room Group

Unlocked/locked phone before selling

Hi, does anyone know how to check if a phone is unlocked or locked without it being set up, it’s an iPhone 7+ and I want to know what to advertise it as when selling. It was my old contract phone before I upgraded.

Thanks
Reply 1
If you bought the phone from a mobile network provider then it would be best if you described it as 'locked', even if your contract has ended as there is a specific software code on the phone that doesn't let you use another network on it
Reply 2
Original post by avhae
If you bought the phone from a mobile network provider then it would be best if you described it as 'locked', even if your contract has ended as there is a specific software code on the phone that doesn't let you use another network on it

Hi, I purchased iPhone from a local shop and after 3-4 days of usage it was automatically locked and still, it's locked and none of the technique worked for it. I don't know how to unlock iPhone X by codes or any kind of programming. I've checked many youtube tutorials and blog posts but no result so far. Any solution?
Original post by avhae

not necessarily , O2 often supplied unlocked standard phones,

vastest majority of phones from Carphone Warehouse / Currys are unlocked and as ID is their MVNO ...

EE and and Voda have supplied locked to network phones at some points
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by avhae

Hi, my issue is still not solved and I'm looking for a quick solution to iPhone lock and iCloud activation. I know there are many solutions for iCloud activation lock removal but none of it worked for me. Is it worth to take a third party service to unlock iPhone? Anyone have tried it?
Reply 5
I always buy neverlock if used
Reply 6
Make sure that you delete all your data before selling the phone to someone.
The good news here, you don't need to do that manually, just follow instruction from this article - https://applenapps.com/delete-everything-on-an-iphone/ . I am sure no-one wants to have a situation when some strangers have their photos/videos or personal messages.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending