The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Lol. Senderos as a midfielder... wtf. I am watching the game on playback now!

I am annoyed to struggle against Ajax. They are basically Everton quality.
Reply 181
Arsenal aren't looking too convincing, the defence needs strengthening, and what about new signings? Didn't Wenger say you only need 1? By what I saw today 2 should be the limit.
Reply 182
Well, apparently we're close to signing Inler. So he should plug our hole in the DM section.
Didn't look to good today. We don't look defensively good enough and I can see us drawing quite a lot of our games again next season. We need another top quality central defender and another top quality central midfielder. Hopefully Wenger will sign a new player or two because I think we'll go close again but the squad isn't strong enough to win.
Our goals were fairly average, Ajax seemed to turn off after 60 minutes, had it been a premiership game we would have been lucky to get a draw, hopefully wenger will look at the first 45 mins and see we need a quality player
Reply 185
wenger looked stressed out the first 45 minutes.

i was watching the game with my mum popping in the room every now and then. she couldnt work out why i was still in a good mood when psv scored the two goals.

its because i wanted us to lose heavily so wenger panics and buys new players :ninja2:
Reply 186
lol
anelka9
wenger looked stressed out the first 45 minutes.

i was watching the game with my mum popping in the room every now and then. she couldnt work out why i was still in a good mood when psv scored the two goals.

its because i wanted us to lose heavily so wenger panics and buys new players :ninja2:

We played Ajax mate.
The news is that Arseanl are in for Inler. Anyone know who good he is? He plays for Udinese
Reply 189
I'm sure the Wenger knows. :smile:
Reply 190
Why can't Adebayor finish? He'd be such an asset if he tried to put the ball in the net intelligently...

From the first half, things don't look too bad tbf. Walcott and the fullbacks are looking solid. Thought he centre of our midfield doesn't seem to exist.
Reply 191
RobbieC
Why can't Adebayor finish? He'd be such an asset if he tried to put the ball in the net intelligently...

I think you could teach him a thing or two Robbie :cool:
Anyone else slightly ****ed off about Liverpool possibly signing Barry with a tax-free loan from some fan?
Reply 193
Well pleased with how we played over these few days. Looked consistently strong, always creating chances and looking bright which is very good for pre season.

Defence could use some work but its early days yet so that will come - and we look very frail in midfield where we only have cesc and denilson at the moment, we could definitely do with another signing to give us some strength in there...

Can't wait for WB next week! Plus they'll have a point to prove so it won't be a walk in the park
afc1886
Can't wait for WB next week! Plus they'll have a point to prove so it won't be a walk in the park

Yes...because we'd hate to see Arsenal win a one-sided match. :wink:

Anyone going to this by the way...near 124?
Reply 195
28 all season...
Reply 196
Can't stand Adebeyor :colonhash:
afc1886
28 all season...

Check your PM dude. :yy:
LawYah
Can't stand Adebeyor :colonhash:

Racist. :hmmm:
Reply 199
Neh! I'm fairly happy with the Arsenal squad apart from Adebayor, he's poo IMO, I don't really care how many goals he got last season, he's not Arsenal standard. It was always gonna be difficult to fill Henry's boots, but filling it with Adebayor is like replacing KFC with Wimpy. Not to mention his crap attitude.

Latest