The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Full time.
1-0
Terrible second half, apparently.
Bear_Grylls
Arsenal have opened talks with Liverpool on taking Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso to the Emirates. (Daily Mirror)

DO IT WENGER :dance:
Keyword: were
Ehh.. a win is a win. I like Nasri though.
Reply 583
Why? Have negotiations closed already?
Abiraleft
Why didn't anyone said GOALLLLLLLL!!!!!! when Nasri scored?
Oh well. GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they are watching the game as opposed to being camped out on TSR?

Anyway, it would be criminal if you Arsenal gimps didn't use Valerie by The Zutons as a song for Nasri. Hell, I'll even write it for you.

You can score the goals,
And you dribble with the best.
You can pass from here to there,
And control it with your chest.
Until you get a little older
You'll still be
Our Samir.
Come on sing it louder,
Naserie
Reply 585
I'll tell you whats really criminal - none of the channels I have showing the Arsenal game! And there was nothing on BBC World Radio either, except a short note saying Nasri had scored. Thats why I was on the internet, trying to find out what was going on...
Reply 586
Well at least we're top of the league!!!

:party:
Of course I wrote it Ronaldo! I just was listening to Valerie when Naserie scored. Bit of this, bit of that, and voila. In fact I like it so much I'm gonna see if Stevie G fits it... not like the Arsenal will ever sing anything that wordy.
El Stevo
Of course I wrote it Ronaldo! I just was listening to Valerie when Naserie scored. Bit of this, bit of that, and voila. In fact I like it so much I'm gonna see if Stevie G fits it... not like the Arsenal will ever sing anything that wordy.

I'll take your word for it :wink:

You can do one for Rooney :biggrin:
Abiraleft
Why? Have negotiations closed already?
I think they closed a long time ago.

And the reason why Benitez mentioned Arsenal is because he was asked a question about Gareth Barry and he replied generally about transfers.

He mentioned Arsenal once, right at the end of his reply, in what seems to be in the past tense.

Here it is:

Is any deal for Gareth Barry dead given the fact he played in the UEFA Cup?

I will try to be very clear because I would like to talk about the next games and Sunderland. Everybody has been talking and it is clear some newspapers and journalists and all our supporters know this blame me for everything: global warming; rises in petrol prices; everything. In this case, I want to be clear: since I talked with Martin O'Neill in April, I didn't talk with anyone else at Aston Villa. All the talks have been between Rick Parry and the owner and chief executive of Aston Villa and they have been pretty good. If someone wants to talk about Barry in the future, they will have to talk to the owner or chief executive of Aston Villa, or Rick Parry. I was not doing the talks about Barry; I was not doing the talks about Alonso and Arsenal.

As far as I know, Arsenal enquired about Alonso but weren't prepared to pay his value and that was that.
Ronaldo VII
I'll take your word for it :wink:

You can do one for Rooney :biggrin:

Easy. Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby.

Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney
You are a fat twaaaat
Do ya do ya do ya do ya
Take it up the aaaarse
Reply 591
But surely his price will decrease now that he's said that he wants to leave Liverpool?
Reply 592
Abiraleft
But surely his price will decrease now that he's said that he wants to leave Liverpool?

He hasn't. He's always said that he'd like to stay.
Not unless he hands in a transfer request.
Everton losing to Blackburn :biggrin:
Abiraleft
Can you give me the source or the link to where he said he wants to leave.

Much appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Farhan.
farhan
Keyword: were

Who's to say he wont come up with another bid?

Anyway good win, Nasri looked really good down the left linking up with clichy, similar to when we had pires linking up with cole. Denilson did a good job, Walcott was poor as ever, Adebayor let the hype get to his head, believing hes better than he actually is, trying some stupid tricks,
Adebayor thinks he's Henry! :rofl:
With Nasri and Fabregas feeding through balls like that... :eek:
Reply 597
How much?
around £3.5m

Latest