The Student Room Group

2020-2021 Bartlett Architecture OFFER HOLDERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rachaelllk
I'm in the exact same situation as you. From what I understand, they're still working on interviews amidst the lockdown, so the best course of action for us is just to wait. Good luck!

Original post by contentprovider
any1 know if they are still doing interviews in the lockdown? I got acknowledged for my drawings in feb and emailed them asking for info on my application before lockdown and they replied saying they are still considering it. I feel they may just reject me as a they can't see more of my work :frown:

I just got an email asking me for a digital interview. I also thought I’d be rejected and hadn’t heard from them ever since I sent off my drawings early February. Don’t worry. You’ve got this !!
Original post by blursi
I just got an email asking me for a digital interview. I also thought I’d be rejected and hadn’t heard from them ever since I sent off my drawings early February. Don’t worry. You’ve got this !!

Thanks for letting me know! good luck u got dis!!!!
Reply 22
Thanks for letting me know! good luck u got dis!!!!

Thanks man, I’m so scared. I have no idea what they want😭😭
Original post by blursi
Thanks man, I’m so scared. I have no idea what they want😭😭

Just show why u love architecture ! Did they ask for an online porfolio or anything?
Reply 24
Just show why u love architecture ! Did they ask for an online porfolio or anything?

That’s good advice. Yus, I have to send pictures of my best work a day before, I guess so they can prepare questions about it.
Original post by blursi
That’s good advice. Yus, I have to send pictures of my best work a day before, I guess so they can prepare questions about it.

Thanks n good luck!
Reply 26
Original post by blursi

Congrats for getting ur interview! When is it?
Reply 27
Original post by anniesims
hey,, does anyone have any ideas on what to do/where to stay for accommodation?

when ur applying u dont really get to pick where u stay, but u have to put ur main priority which is: proximity, price, etc. U also have a price capping limit. theres also a choice between the garden halls, intercollegiate halls and ucl halls. I checked UCLs halls, and they are all extremely close to the bartlett 2-8 minutes walk. hope that helps!

I'm really hoping to get the campbell halls since its priced fairly cheaply and close to the bartlett.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pkoochu
when ur applying u dont really get to pick where u stay, but u have to put ur main priority which is: proximity, price, etc. U also have a price capping limit. theres also a choice between the garden halls, intercollegiate halls and ucl halls. I checked UCLs halls, and they are all extremely close to the bartlett 2-8 minutes walk. hope that helps!

I'm really hoping to get the campbell halls since its priced fairly cheaply and close to the bartlett.

whats the difference between garden, intercollegiate and ucl halls? pardon my ignorance lmao
Reply 29
Original post by benchan
whats the difference between garden, intercollegiate and ucl halls? pardon my ignorance lmao

nw lol, the garden (just fancy) and intercollegiate (have students from other unis like lse,kcl etc) halls are on average for a single room is like £230 whereas ucl halls on average is like £175 a weel
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pkoochu

thanks for this!!

when you say you dont really get to pick, what exactly do you mean? i've been checking with the application process just to see how it works and it seems as though we get to pick room preferences. or is it the case that we might not get the accommodation we want as our first choice?
Reply 31
thanks for this!!

when you say you dont really get to pick, what exactly do you mean? i've been checking with the application process just to see how it works and it seems as though we get to pick room preferences. or is it the case that we might not get the accommodation we want as our first choice?

I was on their online offer holder faq on monday and alot of people were asking the same question. They basically allocate 3 choices of accommodation to you which match your preferences, and you choose between the 3. So yh u might not get your first choice accommodation (when I mean accommodation I mean the accomodation halls)
(edited 4 years ago)
thanks for this!!

Yh you have to pick 5 different accommodations and you could be allocated any one of them so your fourth and fith choices probably aren't gonna be exactly what you wanted.
Reply 33
Hey All,
I have accepted my offer for the Bartlett for Architechture Msci. While I am over the moon to have this opportunity, I do have concerns about the cost of living in London. I am trying to find more information about what scholarships and bursaries are available for undergraduate sudents. If anyone has any information that is massively appreciated. I am also a bit consfused about how scholarships/bursaries work for MSci Applicants (do we qualify for masters or undergraduate scholarship?).
Thanks!
quick question to apply for accomodation we would need to firm/insure the offer first right?
Original post by JCIM
Hey All,
I have accepted my offer for the Bartlett for Architechture Msci. While I am over the moon to have this opportunity, I do have concerns about the cost of living in London. I am trying to find more information about what scholarships and bursaries are available for undergraduate sudents. If anyone has any information that is massively appreciated. I am also a bit consfused about how scholarships/bursaries work for MSci Applicants (do we qualify for masters or undergraduate scholarship?).
Thanks!

You only qualify for undergraduate funding (even when you’re doing the masters part of the MSci)... the relevant section of UCL’s site is https://www.ucl.ac.uk/scholarships/funding-students-undergraduate-courses - also make sure you check out the Funding section on Portico, where you can start your application for discretionary finance. And finally, if you’re from a BAME/widening participation background, lookup the Bartlett Promise.
Original post by benchan
quick question to apply for accomodation we would need to firm/insure the offer first right?

UCL only guarantees accommodation to first year undergraduates who select it as their firm choice; otherwise you need to apply via UoL Housing Services. See https://www.ucl.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective-students/undergraduates - of course, who knows exactly how they’ll respond given Covid-19!?
Hi, I can’t answer you scholarship/funding question sorry but you’re the first person I’ve found to also be on this course!! Do you want to get in touch/ do you know anyone else on the Msci course?? Best,Anna
Hey guys, congrats for getting offers from the Bartlett for Architecture! It's my goal to get in as well next year, so I'm currently working on my portfolio and creative skills. What I'd like to know is if there are any of you who got onto the course without an art A-level? I know it says on the website that it isn't needed, but I can't help but think that not having the A-level will badly impact my chances for getting in :frown:. Thanks for any responses, advice is much appreciated !
Original post by ninjafortnite
Hey guys, congrats for getting offers from the Bartlett for Architecture! It's my goal to get in as well next year, so I'm currently working on my portfolio and creative skills. What I'd like to know is if there are any of you who got onto the course without an art A-level? I know it says on the website that it isn't needed, but I can't help but think that not having the A-level will badly impact my chances for getting in :frown:. Thanks for any responses, advice is much appreciated !

hey you can pm me if you want, I got into the MEng and haven't heard back from the BSc yet (after interview), I do Maths Chem and French :smile: and I'm in year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending