The Student Room Group

2020-2021 Bartlett Architecture OFFER HOLDERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone got an offer from the bsc course?
Original post by mly130
Anyone got an offer from the bsc course?

me
Just got an offer today, is anyone else planning on staying at home instead of uni accommodation?
Reply 43
Original post by garfunkel_
Just got an offer today, is anyone else planning on staying at home instead of uni accommodation?

Yes I am.
Original post by JCIM
Yes I am.

Glad to hear that I won’t be alone, how do you think that will plan out for freshers?
Reply 45
Original post by garfunkel_
Glad to hear that I won’t be alone, how do you think that will plan out for freshers?

Likewise.
I haven’t thought about that tbh. What do you think?
I've been offered a place for both UCL Bartlett (3 years BSc) and UC Berkeley to study architecture as an undergraduate, I'm not really sure where I want to go. Regarding distance, I've lived in the UK for the past five years but my family are going to be in Thailand during the duration of my college degree so it will not have and affect as well as cost as I don't have citizenship in both countries.

I'm really struggling to decide where I want to go for university. Obviously both are really great schools but I'm just not sure where I should lean towards.

Any help when would be amazing! Thankyou :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by ninjafortnite
Hey guys, congrats for getting offers from the Bartlett for Architecture! It's my goal to get in as well next year, so I'm currently working on my portfolio and creative skills. What I'd like to know is if there are any of you who got onto the course without an art A-level? I know it says on the website that it isn't needed, but I can't help but think that not having the A-level will badly impact my chances for getting in :frown:. Thanks for any responses, advice is much appreciated !

Hi there. I work with students helping them prepare their portfolios for art, design and architecture degree courses including successful applications to Bartlett and the AA. Get in touch of you would like guidance with your portfolio. The previous replies were correct in agreeing that the art ALevel isn't essential, but obviously having one would have provided lots of portfolio content for you. This will need to be done outside of your regular studies..as I say, I can guide that process if you're interested.
Hi i’m checking in too (heard back today) for the BSc!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 49
Quick update, I got an offer for BSc!!!
Reply 50
Original post by college803
I've been offered a place for both UCL Bartlett (3 years BSc) and UC Berkeley to study architecture as an undergraduate, I'm not really sure where I want to go. Regarding distance, I've lived in the UK for the past five years but my family are going to be in Thailand during the duration of my college degree so it will not have and affect as well as cost as I don't have citizenship in both countries.

I'm really struggling to decide where I want to go for university. Obviously both are really great schools but I'm just not sure where I should lean towards.

Any help when would be amazing! Thankyou :smile:

It depends on what you value most. If you care more about rankings and job opportunities then look more into that. It seems that both universities are top tier for Architecture so well done for getting into both! It seems like you have something that each university feels will suit the course that they provide.
If you’re more focused on the course, the projects and the style that the department tends to lean towards. Look at their past graduates exhibitions/pictures online and see which ones you gravitate more towards. Look at their course overview.
Lastly, if you’re more about the people, look at the campus, societies, student reviews of the place, there’s plenty of websites where students can rate the guidance given, the amount of entertainment they have and experiences with others there.
Put this all into account, what you care about the most. Weigh the pros and cons and make your decision! Good luck☺️
Hello guys, I am having an interview in the upcoming days with Bartlett regarding my MArch application. Could anyone who is been through that give me some tips about the interview as I am really freaked out a little bit :smile:. I would greatly appreciate your help!
Original post by blursi
It depends on what you value most. If you care more about rankings and job opportunities then look more into that. It seems that both universities are top tier for Architecture so well done for getting into both! It seems like you have something that each university feels will suit the course that they provide.
If you’re more focused on the course, the projects and the style that the department tends to lean towards. Look at their past graduates exhibitions/pictures online and see which ones you gravitate more towards. Look at their course overview.
Lastly, if you’re more about the people, look at the campus, societies, student reviews of the place, there’s plenty of websites where students can rate the guidance given, the amount of entertainment they have and experiences with others there.
Put this all into account, what you care about the most. Weigh the pros and cons and make your decision! Good luck☺️

Hi, thanks a lot! I've also heard that UCL is the best architecture school for 2020? I'm not sure if this is correct for this year. This has been really helpful, thanks for taking your time to reply! Will definitely take all of this into account. Are you 100 percent committed to UCL for the BSc? Thanks again for all your help :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by absrasra
Hi i’m checking in too (heard back today) for the BSc!

when did u have your interview?
Original post by alf24
when did u have your interview?

12th feb
I’m in the exact same situation! i’m also considering Bath (and also Edinburgh) as options. There is something really enticing about campus situated universities and the traditional “uni experience” we’ve heard so much about. Then again, it just feels wrong to turn down an offer from The Bartlett. I live in the country so moving London is a pretty daunting thing (not to mention those London prices) but I really want to at least try and get used to it. Mostly, I want to be open the new experiences, and although that would be the case with any uni, london in particular is launching into the deep end. And hey, if it turns out its not the one, chances are you might be able to transfer?
Does anyone know if there will be an online presentation for architecture offer holders?
hi guys, just got an offer for the BSc degree about 3 hours ago after waiting 5 weeks since my interview on 1st April! it got changed from the Msci course because they said I was better suited to the BSc but yeah I'm super happy :smile:
Hi all, I have applied for MArchitecture Part 2 at the Bartlett this year, had an interview on the 4th of May and I have been told yesterday that I am on the waiting list till someone rejects their offer. First of all, is anyone else in my situation? And does anyone know an approximate number for people being on the waiting list? I have other offers on hold but obviously, UCL has been an absolute goal and I'd hate to wait for a while and ending up without any of my offers being still available. Thanks in advance, any clarity on this would be much appreciated
Original post by champenoise
Hi all, I have applied for MArchitecture Part 2 at the Bartlett this year, had an interview on the 4th of May and I have been told yesterday that I am on the waiting list till someone rejects their offer. First of all, is anyone else in my situation? And does anyone know an approximate number for people being on the waiting list? I have other offers on hold but obviously, UCL has been an absolute goal and I'd hate to wait for a while and ending up without any of my offers being still available. Thanks in advance, any clarity on this would be much appreciated

Hey, how did your interview go what did they ask you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending