The Student Room Group

UoN CompSci Students - how is it?

Hi there!

I heard really good things about UoN and enjoyed my visit there. However, I found the ‘taster session’ to be really hard to follow, and recently I found some negative reviews regarding the teaching given.

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to share their experiences? I’m wanting to do the BSc, and I achieved AAB, with an A in CS, but did not take Maths.
Hi, current UoN student :smile: The university is amazing. There are 30,000 undergraduate students there so there are always going to be some good/bad reviews. Tbh if you can get the alevels to get in, you can do the degree. There’s so much help at uni if you’re struggling (you just have to reach out, nobody will check up on you). Most important thing is to do something you enjoy, 100%. Because in third year when things get really tough and you’re really stressed you won’t pull it out the bag if you hate the subject. If you’re interested, do it!
Original post by pinkbinder
Hi, current UoN student :smile: The university is amazing. There are 30,000 undergraduate students there so there are always going to be some good/bad reviews. Tbh if you can get the alevels to get in, you can do the degree. There’s so much help at uni if you’re struggling (you just have to reach out, nobody will check up on you). Most important thing is to do something you enjoy, 100%. Because in third year when things get really tough and you’re really stressed you won’t pull it out the bag if you hate the subject. If you’re interested, do it!

What are you studying? :biggrin:
Bump :smile:
:smile:
I am hoping to study it there this September
Original post by TheWildAminal
I am hoping to study it there this September

I actually applied for entry last year, so my place is confirmed for this year! (I deferred)
Original post by TeacupAndTragedy
I actually applied for entry last year, so my place is confirmed for this year! (I deferred)

I know several people who do CS at Nottingham... Most do pretty well. It's obviously a challenging subject... But they all seem pretty happy. Most guys on that course are pretty tight knit... Though there is a lack of girls lmao, at least on that course... Not at Nottingham overall.

I'm a graduate of Notts myself, actually still living right next to jubilee, next to Raleigh Park 😂.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I know several people who do CS at Nottingham... Most do pretty well. It's obviously a challenging subject... But they all seem pretty happy. Most guys on that course are pretty tight knit... Though there is a lack of girls lmao, at least on that course... Not at Nottingham overall.

I'm a graduate of Notts myself, actually still living right next to jubilee, next to Raleigh Park 😂.

Oh really, what did you study? :smile:
Original post by TeacupAndTragedy
Oh really, what did you study? :smile:

BSc Management :smile:

Something far more relaxed 😂.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending