The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

UoN or durham?

okay so i've got conditional offers for both unis, want to know which one is more worth going to (international student)
durham course - 4 years biosciences
UoN course - 4 year biochemistry and genetics

should i choose course over college or college over course? ps- i do not mind studying either of the two courses, though i am leaning slightly towards the UoN course.
It really does depend on your preferences. I'm assuming UoN is Nottingham here.
Durham is a collegiate uni and its not so much like oxbridge where your lectures or seminars are taught in the college, at Durham its more of where you sleep and eat. However, it definitely does have its benefits compared to having to find your own accommodation for your first year and/or making friends. Durham is also a smaller city compared to other uni cities although there are direct train lines to many of the bigger cities. Durham does also rank higher in the UK than Nottingham but I'm not sure how much you care about rankings.
I cant say too much about Nottingham as I've never visited but its definitely a much bigger city, definitely one to go for if you like clubbing, partying etc as it will be more limited in smaller cities.
Also do consider the quality of the teaching at both unis, just because the course looks nice, if the teaching isn't great then the course doesn't matter in that sense.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest