The Student Room Group
BPP University
BPP University

GDL - application

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had experience writing a personal statement for the gdl ? Also, is it hard to get accepted ( i have a 3.11 GPA (from a U.S University, studying Sociology)
Hi,

Hoping this is resolved by now but anyone considering GDL i.e. any non-law graduates wishing to pursue a legal career, please note it is not hard to get into GDL. First of all welcome to Law (from a current Law student).

The entry requirement is 2.2 in undergraduate degrees. More information can be found here: https://www.bpp.com/courses/law/post...dations-course

When it comes to a Personal statement for a postgrad application, I had a few paragraphs with subheadings:

Academic motivation: How your interest grew and actions you have taken to develop my interest further. Your journey into Law and why the reputation of the institution will make it suitable for your career journey.

Academic suitability: Your track record when it comes to the grades and being consistent in achieving good grades from school to college and up until the final year of your degree.

Professional aspiration and how the programme might help: Pretty straightforward as to how and why GDL is the right course for your future legal journey

Personal abilities: Your organisational and time management skills for example can be exhibited by your part-time or voluntary roles you took up during your time at University or any extracurricular activities you have been involved in e.g.

Finally concluding why you have what it takes and you know what the course entails and why you are the right candidate, hence all in all why you are looking forward to starting the course.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes to everyone considering GDL with your legal journey.
Farzana
BPP ambassador
LPC LLM student
BPP University
BPP University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending