The Student Room Group

Is bsc business with law from QMUL a good degree?

I want to be a solicitor however I’ve not got accepted into LLB at any London unis only from northern unis and honestly I do not want to leave London. I’ve heard non LLB students can still become solicitors without a gdl due to the new SQE system. So I’m wondering is this degree worth it or should I be looking at my options in clearing?
Reply 1
Original post by Likkleman02
I want to be a solicitor however I’ve not got accepted into LLB at any London unis only from northern unis and honestly I do not want to leave London. I’ve heard non LLB students can still become solicitors without a gdl due to the new SQE system. So I’m wondering is this degree worth it or should I be looking at my options in clearing?

If you are going to do the GDL you can study anything. eg. Econ, Politics, Finance. GDL is like LLB in one year so doing that course at QMUL is not going to be any different to someone else who did an English literature ba and then does a GDL. Anyone with any degree can do a GDL. But to answer your question yes I think that degree is a good degree and if you think you can get into an LLB in clearing in London you most likely are going to need A*AA. So It all just depends on you. Do you want to do an LLB out of London ? or Do you want to study something else and do a GDL after your undergrad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending