The Student Room Group

Do they know something I don't?

I logged onto Student Finance Direct yesterday and there is a new letter showing in the Correspondence section - entitled "Payment Schedule Letter". As with all the other letters they've sent me, it won't show online. The letter is dated 7/8/08 - exactly one week before results day.

However, when I clicked "View Payments", this came up:

2008/09 First 04/02/2009 Tuition Fee Loan BRISTOL UNIVERSITY xxxx Direct Credit Approved
2008/09 Second 06/05/2009 Tuition Fee Loan BRISTOL UNIVERSITY £xxxx Direct Credit Approved
2008/09 First 29/09/2008 Supplementary Grant Student £xxx Direct Credit Approved
2008/09 Second 09/01/2009 Supplementary Grant Student £xxx Direct Credit Approved
2008/09 Third 20/04/2009 Supplementary Grant Student £xxx Direct Credit Approved
2008/09 First 29/09/2008 Student Support Loan Student £xxxx Direct Credit Approved
2008/09 Second 09/01/2009 Student Support Loan Student £xxxx Direct Credit Approved
2008/09 Third 20/04/2009 Student Support Loan Student £xxxx Direct Credit Approved
(I've blanked out the amounts)

Seems weird that they would put down Bristol and work out the amount on that when in 7 days time, everything (including the dates, uni and amounts) could change.

It also seems strange that the letter is dated the first day when UCAS went into "processing the results".

Am I thinking too deeply into this or have SFD sort of let me know which uni I'm into?
Reply 1
No, it's probably just because you named them as your firm choice on your finance application form. If, however, on Thursday you find out you're going to Cardiff, you need to inform Student Finance Direct of the change in cirumstances.
Is Bristol your firm? *Looks at sig* Ah yeah - well maybe they've just calculated the finance on your firm choice from the info you supplied them with? But if it does tell you that you've got in - congratulations (:biggrin:) and how do I log on? :p:
It's nothing, I've got the same (but dates slightly earlier than you :p:). It will be strange to get 'paid' every three months; my budgetting skills are awful.
My Student Finance payment plan was sent to me on Saturday. Its standard for all Conditional applicants, its just the payment plan goes into action when your place becomes Unconditional.
Sadly it doesnt mean that your place has been confirmed yet :frown:
Reply 5
I would love to see someone who got their insurance uni in the SFA updates!

Then we could all find out! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending