The Student Room Group

No idea what do with my life - HELP!

Basically, I have no idea what to do with my life in terms of a job.. I defo wanna go to uni, but I keep overthinking of what to do. I'm in Y11 taking Economics, Computer Science, Music and History (ordered in favourite). I really enjoy Maths as well.

But I don't know what to choose for my A-Levels, because they might affect the courses I take at uni later on.. I need to decide within the next week what to take, I'm sure I wanna do Maths, but I don't know what the rest is (considering bio, chem, physics, economics, comp sci mostly and MAYBE music), I don't know if I should do 3 A-Levels and an EPQ or 4. Is there anything that can help me decide/find out what career I want to do?
ok lol i forgot to mention this. I need something that pays well, something I enjoy, and I don't see myself getting bored with.

So really that cancels out a lot of careers, and then there's the careers relating to the subjects I like, maths bio chem econ computer science are the main ones

Mainly I want to do something math-econ related, but also if i want to do medicine i need to take bio chem because thats a popular combination for it, and i really wanna do maths, but im stuck with whether i want to do bio chem maths or maths bio econ
Reply 2
Original post by thattryharddude
ok lol i forgot to mention this. I need something that pays well, something I enjoy, and I don't see myself getting bored with.

So really that cancels out a lot of careers, and then there's the careers relating to the subjects I like, maths bio chem econ computer science are the main ones

Mainly I want to do something math-econ related, but also if i want to do medicine i need to take bio chem because thats a popular combination for it, and i really wanna do maths, but im stuck with whether i want to do bio chem maths or maths bio econ

Hi

It’s been a year, what did you choose in the end? I hope things worked out. I would have said if you are going to take economics then take maths with it as most universities want both to study economics, Also it’s a degree with great prospects that pays very well. Maths also compliments computer science which also pays well and has great prospects.

Good luck.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest