The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah very good!
Go for it.
I'd be chuffed :biggrin:
He's going to be famous :yy:
Sounds good to me, they wouldn't want to be using **** work in their textbooks now, would they?
Reply 4
Well thats what I said to him but do they use examples across the boundaries? Like how to and how he went wrong etc
Reply 5
They're not going to want to put bad examples in so yeah tell him to go for it - make sure your name is featured somewhere for advising him :wink:
Reply 6
Letter from AQA wanting to use my paper in textbook..good or bad?

Then...

My friend actually got a letter from AQA asking

Who was it?

Also, it doesn't really mean anything. They take samples for textbooks from all the high grades, A, B, and C. I guess it means he didn't get a D or below which is something!
Reply 7
Makaveli_The_Don
Sounds good to me, they wouldn't want to be using **** work in their textbooks now, would they?

You never know!
Could be on either end of the spectrum - like in their example past paper Qs they usually put one example of a perfect answer, & one of a bad one..
Reply 8
id be happy if i got a letter saying that.. he can now be partially famous :biggrin: :p:
Reply 9
I meant to put my friend in the title, its my friend not me. Maths AQA A level. They do use varying examples though dont they>
sean43
I meant to put my friend in the title, its my friend not me. Maths AQA A level. They do use varying examples though dont they>

I think so, yeah.
He could write that in his C.V under published work!
I think that's the definition of a textbook answer :smile:
adilmorrison
I think that's the definition of a textbook answer :smile:

Bravo!
actually at the back of edexcel revision textbooks they have examples of good answers and bad answers....i'd be wary if i were your friend
Reply 15
Tell your friend to go for it! Yeah, so he may be an example of a bad answer, but he doesn't have to tell anyone it's his work! And if he's used as an A grade answer, then he can get his fifteen minutes of fame :smile: he's got nothing to lose really!
Whether it's good work or bad work, at least it is going to help people understanding the content. Allowing it would be the humanitarian thing to do.
What if they are planning to use it as an example of common mistakes?
Reply 18
They wouldn't publish his name in the textbook, his submissions would be entirely anonymous.

although he might get a mention in the "with thanks to" section in the back.
Reply 19
they use common mistake answers in aqa gcse science textbooks I know that. still, go for it all the same.

Latest