The Student Room Group

BSC biomedical science 2 years buckingham

Is this a good course to go for??
Original post by baeoftae
Is this a good course to go for??

Buckingham is a private University so check how much SFE will pay.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Buckingham is a private University so check how much SFE will pay.

i am an international student
i am an international student

OK - then it's a good option as it may work out cheaper. Buckingham is a small town but it is near Milton Keynes and Oxford.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
OK - then it's a good option as it may work out cheaper. Buckingham is a small town but it is near Milton Keynes and Oxford.

but since its 2 years do you think its a disadvantage?? ive read many people say that a sandwich year is very important
but since its 2 years do you think its a disadvantage?? ive read many people say that a sandwich year is very important

It's a three year degree compressed into two years. I don't think they offer a sandwich year - you'd have to look at a conventional uni and that would be a four year course.
The campus for the biomed course is in Crewe, which is a fair sized town with a train station- the trains to manchester and Liverpool are under £10 for a return ticket and the trains are generally 30-45mins. The campus is small and the cohort is only 30 so the lectures can be tailored for you. The 2 year course is ideal for anyone wanting to go onto medicine or study further, however you will loose july- august summer holiday due to it being term time- but in the long run you will only miss 1 summer and get your degree 1 year quicker. The lecturers are decent but you are expected to do a lot of extra reading in order to attain a 70% and above grade- which would give you a 1st class degree.
Reply 7
Original post by yellowflower124
The campus for the biomed course is in Crewe, which is a fair sized town with a train station- the trains to manchester and Liverpool are under £10 for a return ticket and the trains are generally 30-45mins. The campus is small and the cohort is only 30 so the lectures can be tailored for you. The 2 year course is ideal for anyone wanting to go onto medicine or study further, however you will loose july- august summer holiday due to it being term time- but in the long run you will only miss 1 summer and get your degree 1 year quicker. The lecturers are decent but you are expected to do a lot of extra reading in order to attain a 70% and above grade- which would give you a 1st class degree.

Hi! I have a question on this course were there exams? And were they in person or online? Also the lectures are they recorded or do you have to attend everything live

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending