The Student Room Group
Library, Newman University
Birmingham Newman University
Birmingham

Newman uni

Hi, is anyone going to Newman uni? Or will be starting the primary education course in September?

Is there already a thread for this stuff? If there is, could someone please kindly send it to me. ☺️
@Anonymous#1
Thank you for your question. Great you will be joining Newman. Is this still the case? :smile:

I am not sure if there is a thread just for Primary Education right now. Are you waiting for any results back next week or are you confirmed on a place at Newman?

I have given a link here for starting in September
This is in relation to how covid-19 will change things to begin with. :h:

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions then let me know.
Library, Newman University
Birmingham Newman University
Birmingham
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for your response.

I just have one requirement left to full fill. Which will be sorted by next week.

I wanted to ask would lectures all be available online? As I have health conditions and leave the house as little as possible at the moment. Or would the course require me to be on campus? Or would I be able to do all my lectures online instead?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, thanks for your response.

I just have one requirement left to full fill. Which will be sorted by next week.

I wanted to ask would lectures all be available online? As I have health conditions and leave the house as little as possible at the moment. Or would the course require me to be on campus? Or would I be able to do all my lectures online instead?

Hi, Great to hear you are coming to Newman. I hope that last thing will be sorted this week :smile:

Good question and one that I am not fully sure about. But, what I do know is that there is going to be opportunities offered to come on campus for tutorials, small teaching groups for example. But, online sessions will still dominate. If you have health conditions I would never feel Newman would force you to come in. Have you got in touch with anyone a Newman about that question? As I want to make sure you get peace of mind about this :smile:

Also, I want to point any new student to the Welcome website that has been made for all new students. Here is the link to the site.
On here you will have opportunities to attend online sessions where you could ask that question, Plus, as it is on zoom you would not need to say it publicly you could send a message to the lead staff member Leoarna Mathias. The list of the workshops being run are here

I hope this helps you. Feel free to ask anything else :smile: and in the meantime I will ask any staff member I can about your questions and will post on here again if I hear anything :smile:

Wes - Newman University Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending