The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Cardiff met vs plymouth UNI dietetics

If you go to either and study dietetics or just anything what are your pros and cons of each uni?
I go to Cardiff met. Do not go there. Okay, that's harsh. I did my undergrad degree there and then went back for Masters (it was cheaper and closer to home) and I've regretted it everyday since. However, I say this from my pov, which is a creative writing student. For dietetics, it may be completely different! But I've found the fee/finance people to be quite horrible and useless. Put it this way, a girl needed 8 days to pay her loan because her student finance messed up and they wouldn't let her and she had to take out a personal loan for £2,700 and even in a week the interest was ridiculous. The tutors aren't great, although I have friends doing education and they are apparently much better than mine. Also, my friend who is on the same course is from Athens and she says she wish she had never come to the uni. Of course these are just our experiences and yours will differ. However, given the chance, I'd go back in time and never go there.
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I go to Cardiff met. Do not go there. Okay, that's harsh. I did my undergrad degree there and then went back for Masters (it was cheaper and closer to home) and I've regretted it everyday since. However, I say this from my pov, which is a creative writing student. For dietetics, it may be completely different! But I've found the fee/finance people to be quite horrible and useless. Put it this way, a girl needed 8 days to pay her loan because her student finance messed up and they wouldn't let her and she had to take out a personal loan for £2,700 and even in a week the interest was ridiculous. The tutors aren't great, although I have friends doing education and they are apparently much better than mineti. Also, my friend who is on the same course is from Athens and she says she wish she had never come to the uni. Of course these are just our experiences and yours will differ. However, given the chance, I'd go back in time and never go there.

to add to this, the guidance for each assessment is non existent! We get laughed at and told to "pick a question/topic and respond to it" I can't exactly remember the issues from undergrad, I just know everyone on my course (19 of us) hated it.
I heard dietetics at cardiff met was quite good but i just finished my undergrad and will agree with above in saying don't go there. really bad uni, it's the people running it and the students themselves which spoil it, and the sports are really bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending