The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Talk about a screwup for computing:

Our exam didnt begin until 9.10. We stared, 10 minutes in the second invigilator came in and told us we were in the wrong room, asked us to move to the other room (UNSUPERVISED) and said "Do me a favour and please dont discuss it).

Obviously, it was discussed, we were also given extra time.

So I think the SQA ****ed up computing big time.
Reply 2
teabreak
Not sure if this only applies to my school or the whole of Scotland but apparantly there was an admin error when the SQA were adding the marks for Higher computing (coursework marks weren't added properly) so everyone's grades were lower than they actually are.
This happen anywhere else?

Wow - where'd you hear about that?
People at my school seem to have fairly accurate results, although I don't know the breakdowns just grades.
Reply 3
Pelican
Wow - where'd you hear about that?
People at my school seem to have fairly accurate results, although I don't know the breakdowns just grades.

I went to see my teacher today to ask about an appeal to see if I could get my B up to an A and he told me that the SQA robbed me of 25-30 marks and I should have an A band 1!! :woo:
Reply 4
i dont think the sqa only screwed up computing

the higher history and geog marks at my school were really odd this year - and i had an admin error on my official cert. that told me i hadnt done enough work to get a full spanish higher

something really isnt right this year
Reply 5
This would make so much sense! I was one of only 6 people out of the 50 in the year that managed to get an A in the exam. Noone got an A band 1. My school is well known for it's high grades too. There were some geniuses in my class who achieved almost 100% in all the prelims and they recieved band 2s and 3s in the final exam. Theres obviously some mistake. I'll show this to the head of the faculty and hopefully this is sorted.
I failed Higher Computing to my horror:frown: I got an A band 1 in the prelim (90%). Two people in my class passed, one who sat it last year and got a C then B this year and the other who got a C and all the rest failed, hopefully this is true as I am shocked I failed it, got all 1's at standard grade in computing. The school have put in an appeal for me.
Reply 7
yeah i got C its ****ed up! my principle teacher said i failed the external exam but it was my coursework that brought me up to a C i was expecting a B :frown:
Reply 8
Spoken to the head of the department. He doubts it's true however he's going to see into it apparently.
Reply 9
i hope they did bugger it up and award us all and A :biggrin:
Reply 10
koolcat12
i hope they did bugger it up and award us all and A :biggrin:

Wishful thinking? :p:
good luck to use all :biggrin: i didn't do the higher but this does sound very strange :frown:??
hope it gets sorted out soon for use :P
Reply 12
Well it's certainly buggered up in my school cos I got 50/60 for my coursework but on the sheet my teacher has with the breakdown of marks etc it says I only got 20 or 25.
My teacher complained to the SQA and once the inquiry is over we're all getting shiny new certificates :biggrin:
Reply 13
teabreak
Well it's certainly buggered up in my school cos I got 50/60 for my coursework but on the sheet my teacher has with the breakdown of marks etc it says I only got 20 or 25.
My teacher complained to the SQA and once the inquiry is over we're all getting shiny new certificates :biggrin:

just your school?
Reply 14
koolcat12
just your school?

Well this is what I'm starting to wonder as noone else seems to have heard about this :confused:
There's a possibility it could only affect people whose grades were calculated by the same marker/admin person but I'm only speculating here.

P.S. I really don't want to give people false hope, I'm just saying this is what's happening to me :p:
Reply 15
The history marks at our's also seem to be lower on the whole than expected, although I can say that I was suprised I passed after my awful exam essays! But many got A's here....

I think english was badly marked aswell :biggrin:
Reply 16
ok something seriously weird is going on with the sqa

the history marks at my school were really odd this year - and apparently were not the only school and its not only history

hope my schools enquiry means we all get shiny new certificates too!
Reply 17
kirsty217
ok something seriously weird is going on with the sqa

the history marks at my school were really odd this year - and apparently were not the only school and its not only history

hope my schools enquiry means we all get shiny new certificates too!

Yes people in my school who were predicted B's and A's in history got D's etc:confused:. I really hope the SQA look into this:frown:.
Reply 18
I'm not sure if it is wise to take this seriously given that, every year, people say the exact same things. I wouldn't mind a shred or two of evidence (e.g. comment from the SQA other than "teh suxessful year!!11".)

For me, it would be comforting to believe that my B in Higher maths was in fact due to an error on the examiner's part, but I most certainly won't be. :wink:
Reply 19
I REALLY doubt this is true.

Latest

Trending

Trending