The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
we've not got a bar have we? like most of the other halls? or a communal area for the whole hall... think there's a pub next door though... just abit worried incase all my flat mates are dodgy (it happened to my friend whos at newcastle) that there'll be less ways to meet others in the same halls
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 61
Anyone in block D? I'm in D.01.04.02 to be precise
Reply 62
tp_7
Anyone in block D? I'm in D.01.04.02 to be precise

im D.02.09.03
Reply 63
patters
im D.02.09.03

im D.04.15.05
Reply 64
Urgh as if we have to pay for internet that sucks and looks like i got ground floor too anyone else in block A 01.04.
whats this?!?! no bar??? :redface: and we have to PAY XTRA for internet??
Reply 66
hey, im in C.03.07.03
anyone else in block C? xx
Reply 67
em-j
hey, im in C.03.07.03
anyone else in block C? xx

I'm in block C as well, but I'm on the first floor. Still not found anyone in my flat tho! What you studying?

xxx
Reply 68
Yeh me neither! im doing maths and management, how about you? xx
Reply 69
Who's taking cutlery/crockey/colanders/graters etc. even though it says they're provided? I don't trust them :P
Reply 70
Anisaar
Who's taking cutlery/crockey/colanders/graters etc. even though it says they're provided? I don't trust them :P

I think I'm gonna ring them and see whether they can confirm this!
Reply 71
Gregh
I think I'm gonna ring them and see whether they can confirm this!

I'll be looking to you for answers then :biggrin:
Reply 72
uabdulrazaq1
Anyone in Block H, I'm in 02.05.06

Is There Anyone, I Wanna Like to Know; So We Can Party...................................:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Hey!! I'm on the same block, same floor, same flat!!!:smile:
Reply 73
Anisaar

I want to take mine cos i brought them (cos all the normal halls dont provide stuff and thats where i thought id end up) and they're sooooo nice but it says they're provided. Other people I know at other unis though had to pay a ridicolous amount if anything got broken... so advice i was given was to take your own stuff and dont use their stuff
hello, im a second year in upper brook street.

Ive looked around Victoria Hall, its better facility wise than alot of 1st year accomodation, for starters we have a lounge. I lived in one ofhebiggest 1st year accommos and expected a great social life. nope, its was pretty crap, they had a bar too, and a residents ra. my flat was really not great.

When i arrive people can come to my flat (how the hell did you guys find out where) and have a party, we'll get out of our faces then go into town somewhere. We will make the social life, im desperate for a proper year of quality nights.

P.s. if anyone likes football we'll go to the footage everytime theres a game on, no1 in my flat of ten lads, liked football last year! wtf is going on there!
actually reading through your posts, i think everyone is on about the Victoria Hall near the MRI on higher cambridge street. dam.
Reply 76
no i think were in ubs! i am anyway..
Reply 77
Yeah, UBS!
Reply 78
UBS for me too.

So, what's everyone else done/doing about the cutlery etc.? On the official site it says it's provided, but I think on the Manchester Uni website it said it wasn't. :confused: We bought some a few days ago, cutlery, plates, glasses etc.
i will be taking my own as ive still got a fair bit left from last year, im surprised they say they provide it. On the university of manchester website someone put a link up earlier, but the victoria hall mentioned on the accommodation site is victoria hall I, in victoria park.

I think in upper brook street theres a few more 2nd years like myself etc. but i dont think that will detract from the social side as much as it may seem. Im in a flat of four with 2 other guys i already know, so we're going to have one person with us we dont know, and i say person, because they said when we applied that they may put a female in with us, although this is unlikely.

Anyway how did you guys find out you flat etc? and is everyone up for a few flat parties in freshers etc?

Latest

Trending

Trending