The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Surely you should know that yourself by now, having just been through AS
Not if he didn't revise :P.
Reply 3
*sigh at these topics. There isn't a set time for revision everybodies different. Just because X did 5 hours of work and got 6As doesn't mean you will be able to get 6As with 5 hours of work. I got AAAB (damn that B haha) and i only ever do enough to finish the homework nothing less nothing more so if it takes 30 minutes i'll do 30 minutes. When exam time comes i revise between 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes 2/3 months before exams. However, i've got a friend who literally works their ass off, homework is finished with the greatest of care, class work is finished with greatest of care, amount of notes he takes is ridiculous and he revises **** loads but he was only able to pull off ABCD.
random321
*sigh at these topics. There isn't a set time for revision everybodies different. Just because X did 5 hours of work and got 6As doesn't mean you will be able to get 6As with 5 hours of work. I got AAAB (damn that B haha) and i only ever do enough to finish the homework nothing less nothing more so if it takes 30 minutes i'll do 30 minutes. When exam time comes i revise between 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes 2/3 months before exams. However, i've got a friend who literally works their ass off, homework is finished with the greatest of care, class work is finished with greatest of care, amount of notes he takes is ridiculous and he revises **** loads but he was only able to pull off ABCD.

Then your mate must be thick as **** :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Pollypeptide
Then your mate must be thick as **** :rolleyes:

yea he is lol but the important thing is he doesn't quit even though all his hard work isn't getting him far but the point of what i said was to show OP that everybody is different and that you should revise as much as you need not how much someone else needs
I revised starting from about April/May time of my ALevel year
I did little and often, idont believe in pouring over books for hours on end.
xx
My top tips would to be to; request a lesson plan from your teacher to find out what you will be learning in the next lesson. Then the night before each lesson, correspond to the lesson plan and read lightly / make notes on the topic; by doing so you are effectivly teaching yourself and revising in lessons. Also, don't be dissheartend if you can't fully comprehend the topic yourself prior to the lesson, because, by having previously read about it you will automatically be at an advantage in comparison to class mates.
Devote your entire lesson to learning. Give the teacher your undevided attention. Add any *extras* to notes that you have made the previous night. By having all ready made notes you will be able to concentrate fully on your teachers explaination, clearing up any concerns that you may have.
Use the evenings to get yourself organised. Don't put homeworks / courseworks off, this will only build up and add pressure come exam time, so complete homeworks on the night set and courseworks at a reasonable pace right from the word go. Use evenings without coursework to copy up and clarify notes neatly (come exam time you will appreciate this) and answer practise questions (you don't need to have completed the entire module prior to attempting exam style questions, you can constantly practise questions as you move through the topics). Don't skimp on questions, do as many as you can from past exam papers, text books, or even request additional ones from your teacher.
Be sure to revise for 'end of topic tests' and try your best - this will not only boost your confidence but, also enable you to pinpoint areas which require more focus. Revision should be started early and remain consistant right up untill the exam, a month or two should be plenty as by doing the above you are effectivly revising all year round.

Latest