The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Hi!

I am looking to study Tourism and was wondering if anyone goes here and can talk about what it is like?
How is the accommodation (which one do you stay in)?
How is the uni as a whole?
How is the teaching?
Is it easy to get a job?

And any other info. Thanks! :smile:
I just finished 3 years there and absolutely hated it. I stayed at Cyncoed and it was really overpriced for what it is. Uni as a whole really is not good. Teaching on my course (psychology) was ok, some really bad but some really good. Wouldn't know about a job, I think it is quite 50/50, some of my friends got one easy while some really struggled. I would avoid Cardiff Met at all costs
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Visit website
I completely agree with the above poster. If you can go to another university then go.

I spent 3 years there (graduated 3 years ago) and it was awful! I didn't live on campus but my lectures etc were at cynoced. I lived in a private house off campus on Mackintosh Place. However, my 3 friends who lived on campus really regretted paying the fees that they did. The teaching was very mixed (education) but from the people I spoke to (sports, drama, English) they also hated it and couldn't wait to leave. The very fact that they threatened us while we were doing the end of degree opinion thing (where you have to say what the degree has been like etc) says it all really. They warned us not to say anything bad as it would be sent to each of our future employers. They don't support you when you leave, and if they offer advice it isn't in your best interest, but theirs. The guidance was horrific. We were laughed at for one assessment when 3 of us were visibly stressed (we arranged a meeting). The tutor laughed and told us to pick a question and answer it. We got no marking criteria for 2 modules (2nd and 3rd year modules) and they were only uploaded to moodle once the assessment had been submitted. While the tutors are knowledgeable, it's like they haven't got a clue otherwise? They tell you to put something in your assessment and then mark you down and put "this is irrelevant" in the comments. They also change their minds constantly about what is expected for an assessment. There was one tutor who was great and that's about it. This isn't just my opinion either, there were 18/19 of us on the course and each one of us hated it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending