The Student Room Group

PGCE History Queries

Hello, I'm a second year history student who knows that I want to do a PGCE in Secondary History after I graduate. I know that applications will open for me to do this in October. Am I being too eager if go to Postgraduate Open Days now? All the unis are local to me and one is the uni I'm currently at so it won't be far for me to go. There don't seem to be many Open Days either so I'm thinking it's smart to go now.

Also if anyone who reads this has done/is doing a PGCE at the University of Birmingham, Birmingham City University or Wolverhampton University please let me know how the course is and if you enjoy it, if you get support and your overall experience.

Thank you! xo
Hi @LillyL_ ,
I would say that is a great idea! Researching course providers before you apply is a "must" so definitely go for it. To find out about open day events near you, check: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/events
I would also suggest that you get an Explore Teaching Adviser, they will help you to navigate the multitude of course choices and will also help you to prepare a strong application for October. All our advisers are experienced teachers, offer unbiased advice and it is a free advisory service. To register for an adviser, click here.
All the best with your research and application,

Laure
Original post by LillyL_
Hello, I'm a second year history student who knows that I want to do a PGCE in Secondary History after I graduate. I know that applications will open for me to do this in October. Am I being too eager if go to Postgraduate Open Days now? All the unis are local to me and one is the uni I'm currently at so it won't be far for me to go. There don't seem to be many Open Days either so I'm thinking it's smart to go now.
Also if anyone who reads this has done/is doing a PGCE at the University of Birmingham, Birmingham City University or Wolverhampton University please let me know how the course is and if you enjoy it, if you get support and your overall experience.
Thank you! xo

Hello there,

We do not think it is too early to attend a postgraduate open day as you can get a picture of what you will be studying in the future and make the right decision.

Cardiff Metropolitan University is located in Cardiff and it is not too far from Birmingham. We offer PGCE Secondary History and the application normally opens in October so please keep an eye on UCAS website. You can find more information about the course here: Secondary PGCE Teacher Training Masters Degree Course - Cardiff Metropolitan University.

We are hosting a PGCE Postgraduate Evening on Wednesday 22 May 2024 (4pm-7pm). It is a virtual event so if you are interested in it please fill out the registration form here: Open Days Register for a Postgraduate Open Day (cardiffmet.ac.uk). You will have a chance to ask any questions you may have.

For general enquiries, you can drop us an email via [email protected].

Cardiff Met Admissions. 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending