The Student Room Group

Finance appeal

I applied for student finance to study at Cardiff university and got rejected for student finance because they said I had to be living in the UK for 3 years and I lived for 2 years and 49 weeks at that time i appealed the decision and I got a letter from student finance saying I'm eligible. unfortunately, I couldn't attend Cardiff university because of my grades so I applied to Cardiff metropolitan university but my application got rejected because apparently there was new evidence stating that I stayed in the UK for 2 years and 49 weeks. but that was the whole point of the first appeal was to resolve this issue. I've appealed the decision and I'm hoping for a positive response but honestly its a bit frustrating because I can't even focus on my course and i keep worrying of the crippling debt me and my family will be in if they decide not to approve my decision.
Original post by excelojuri454
I applied for student finance to study at Cardiff university and got rejected for student finance because they said I had to be living in the UK for 3 years and I lived for 2 years and 49 weeks at that time i appealed the decision and I got a letter from student finance saying I'm eligible. unfortunately, I couldn't attend Cardiff university because of my grades so I applied to Cardiff metropolitan university but my application got rejected because apparently there was new evidence stating that I stayed in the UK for 2 years and 49 weeks. but that was the whole point of the first appeal was to resolve this issue. I've appealed the decision and I'm hoping for a positive response but honestly its a bit frustrating because I can't even focus on my course and i keep worrying of the crippling debt me and my family will be in if they decide not to approve my decision.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear this. Just to check, did you make your latest appeal by e-mail? If so, on what date did you do this?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending