The Student Room Group

help

Hello, I really need some help, I want to become a doctor and i don't know how to do it. what college course is needed?

how do i know which college to choose?

What are some good colleges in New York? is queens college good for this?

when i find a college, how do i apply?

how to let them know? do i say i want to become a doctor? or tell them what course i want to take?

I know these questions sounds stupid, but i have no idea what i need to do.
and I'm sorry if i post this in the wrong forum.
Please i really need help.

Thank you.
Reply 1
OK, I'm not sure about how you do it in the US as I'm from the UK, but I'd suggest looking at university's websites and look at the entrance requirements to study medicine. It should include the qualification subject you need to do in order to study medicine. Then I think it's just a case of doing that subject at college and getting a great grade, and then applying for medicine.

I'm unsure of how the US education system works - is it that you get a degree at college say in a science subject that's related to medicine and then you do a few years training as a doctor? I think I've got this entirely from TV. I'd be grateful if someone could clear this up - I think it's the main gist of things though. Ignore me completely if it's wrong!!

Choose your college on the location, its reputation, whether it does the course you want to do, whether you want to spend a few years of your life studying, whether you feel at home there etc.
Reply 2
i am unsure of what college courses i should apply for and how to do it
Reply 3
I think the best thing for you to do would be either to find a US medics' forum, or to ask your high school guidance counsellor (or whoever is in charge of college applications) what you need to do. Things are considerably different over there from how they are in the UK so most people here won't be able to help.

Latest

Trending

Trending