The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What do you want to do at university? Or do you want to just keep your options open for the time being?
Reply 2
I'm not really sure what I want to do yet, I'm interested in journalism though....
Reply 3
In that case Eng Lit and History are a very good start. You could perhaps also consider French, or a new subject like Economics or Gov & Politics; maybe English language as you're thinking of journalism.

Don't know anything about Fine Art, but from what I can gather from my Art & Design friends it seems to take up a LOT of their time - so be prepared for that.
Reply 4
English Lit and History are two good choices, and should set you up well for Journalism in the future should you choose to pursue it.

Definitely consider subjects that you may be unfamilar with, such as Sociology, Psychology, Government and Politics etc.

I'm also starting my A-Levels this September and you seem to have very simular interests to me. If your interested, I'm taking:

English Literature,
Geography,
Sociology,
History, (Hopefully!)

I was never that good at the sciences or maths, but I've tried to keep my options farely open. In the end, just try and pick subjects that you think you'll enjoy and have potential to do well in. You've got till tuesday to think about it, so try and look into the courses in more detail and find out exactly what they involve.

Latest