The Student Room Group

How many energy drinks should I have at work

So I now work at a warehouse 8 hours a day 5 days a week and I'm constantly on my feet with my hands busy my duties include unloading lorries, stacking boxes, wrapping boxes which takes up a lot of energy, moving boxes on a transporter and walking about a lot as well as labelling boxes and items etc so you also need to be alert and very focused

I'm ussualy quite tired and work does drag and sometimes I do a few hours over time 0ay is 10.50 an hour and overtime is 21.50 I normally bring 8 330ml red bulls I have two breaks a 20 min break and 5 min break I get to work in a taxi 45 minutes before shift where I chill out and go on my socials I drink 3 red bulls before in that time period on my main break I drink 3 red bulls and my protein shake and usually eat a foot long sub and 2.protejn bars and on my small break I down 2 red bulls would you say this is healthy? And what would suggest is better for me as a replacement and are caffeine tablets better?

My shits are either 6am till 2pm or 3pm till 1pm

Also am a keyworker I live in lesta enit
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
8 red bulls in 1 day?

Might want to cut back on that...
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
8 red bulls in 1 day?

Might want to cut back on that...

Yeah it's becoming a habit I just need a lot of energy for graft cez there's a lot of pressure and you need to perform to the standards ygm
Energy drinks and caffeine are a catch 22, the more you drink the more you need to drink. Start cutting back and you’ll need less. The damage they do to your insides aren’t worth it. 8 hour shifts shouldn’t really be requiring you to have extra energy.
Reply 5
Original post by GabiAbi84
Energy drinks and caffeine are a catch 22, the more you drink the more you need to drink. Start cutting back and you’ll need less. The damage they do to your insides aren’t worth it. 8 hour shifts shouldn’t really be requiring you to have extra energy.

My graft requires alot of energy and alertness
Glucous tablets and a few caffeine tablets might be better? 🤔
Your “graft” requiring energy does not mean you need caffeine... you have conditioned your body to think you need caffeine.
Reply 7
Original post by GabiAbi84
Your “graft” requiring energy does not mean you need caffeine... you have conditioned your body to think you need caffeine.

What would you recommend then mate?
As I said before, cut down and start looking at proper nutritional ways for a healthy energy boost, slow release. No doubt your sleep isn’t the best either so start working on that. Shifts like this require a disciplined routine mostly in order to be the most productive you can be.
But more caffeine than what your already taking isn’t the answer for a long term solution.
Reply 9
Original post by Chemgem69
Yeah it's becoming a habit I just need a lot of energy for graft cez there's a lot of pressure and you need to perform to the standards ygm

8 isnt healthy at all.
Like a previous user said, your hurting yourself drinking that much. Your teaching your body to rely on caffeine.
You shouldn't need to rely on all that caffeine to get through the working day. A good night's sleep and the right food should be enough. Take a look at your sleep and diet and make changes from there to improve your energy levels.
Reply 11
Original post by LovelyMrFox
8 isnt healthy at all.
Like a previous user said, your hurting yourself drinking that much. Your teaching your body to rely on caffeine.

Well I had 5 this shift that's an improvement

Quick Reply

Latest