The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I feel not myself in clubs if i wear flats.I always wear heels on nights out as it makes me feel taller,sexier (i'm 5"3) and more confident.
They are usually off by the end of the night and i'm walking bare-foot or i get a piggy-back :smile:

Why not start off with small inched heels and practise wearing them round inside where you live and then you'll feel more comfy wearing them?

Its not uncommon to see people wearing flats in clubs espicially (sp) if they are tall but i just think heels sets an outfit off.
Reply 21
You can certainly go in flats, though imo even a small heel makes the foot look more elegant - how about kitten heels? :smile:
Reply 22
OP wear what you feel comfortable in
Reply 23
give heels a go when youre out (try a mid heel with a strap across the front so youre not concentraing on keeping your foot in the shoe all night!)
and put some flats in your bag, then as soon as you cant bear the pain anymore, put your flats on. thats what i do :smile: haha
I always wear flats! I wore heals for a night out once, and halfway through the night my feet were bloody killing me, i ended up taking them off to walk home. Its not unusual at all.
Reply 25
Well to be honest where i go out you always see one or two in flats, but most are in heels. Yet if you go out on a student night, it's just like being down at the local pub! Probably half and half really as so many students don't bother dressing up.

For me, there's something about heels that transforms my outfits and as i can walk in them and they don't hurt as much as they used to i can survive a whole night with 3/4 inch heels. I won't go clubbing any higher than that though. I have a pair of 5 inch heels which i wear if i go to bars but i can hardly walk in those!

It's up to you really, but i used to be exactly the same as you yet once i started wearing them during the day and getting my feet used to them they're not as much of a problem now. Mary janes are the best though :biggrin:.

Latest